Vitamin B5 Hairloss- Cured (Pictures)

1,467 posts in this topic

@MattThomas

No, I live in Vietnam right now. It's the same all over Asia, you can buy pretty much anything in the pharmacy which is great if you know what is wrong with you.

In the UK it is very difficult to get accutane unless you have very severe acne (which I did at one point). Once you finish a course it is hard to get on it again if you acne is then more mild. That is the reason I ended up using B5 instead.

Yesterday I took 500mg spaced out over the day, also worked a night shift. I just woke up 2 hours earlier than i set my alarmclock feeling fresh and not groggy like I used to do, havent done that since I started this job 3 months ago.

Still no shedding, im amazed at how hard I can pull my hair and not lose any hair.

tw12, how long is this b1 supplementation for? Do we have to feel for ourselves when we think we are cured? (If this is the cure)

1 person likes this

Im glad it worked for u elessarx, i think ur cured but continue for a another 3 days on this dose and stop afterwards and monitor ur situation very closely...It will be impossible for me to determine it for u...Congrats my friend, ur journey with hair loss is now over, ull now live happily ever after :) :) :)

Im glad it worked for u elessarx, i think ur cured but continue for a another 3 days on this dose and stop afterwards and monitor ur situation very closely...It will be impossible for me to determine it for u...Congrats my friend, ur journey with hair loss is now over, ull now live happily ever after

But my scalp is not good yet, still itching a little and flaking etc. You got any tips for that?

I will do 3 more days and stop the b1, and see if the shedding comes back or not. Thanks alot man!

Wow I just checked my hairline and it looks like shite lol.

I hope regrowth is possible! I have surely receded 1-2 cm in 8 months

That could be due to the shampoo u use, most shampoos dry the scalp and hair and i found harsh shampoos to cause me more hair loss and dry hair/scalp...Use a natural shampoo...Aubrey organics is gr8...

Elessarx did your hairloss all of a sudden just stop or was it gradual like less and less hairs falling each day because atm my hair is showing no signs on stopping, the thiamin im using is thiamine hydrochloride is this the right stuff

That could be due to the shampoo u use, most shampoos dry the scalp and hair and i found harsh shampoos to cause me more hair loss and dry hair/scalp...Use a natural shampoo...Aubrey organics is gr8...

ya could be, will look up aubrey organics. Thanks again!

Elessarx did your hairloss all of a sudden just stop or was it gradual like less and less hairs falling each day because atm my hair is showing no signs on stopping, the thiamin im using is thiamine hydrochloride is this the right stuff

I guess it just stopped, I noticed there was no hair on my pillow and I dont pull out hair easily now.

I use Vitamin B-1 from NOW Foods, bought on Iherb.

I found keto shampoos like nizoral and regenpure to be exremely harmful and it caused me one of the biggest sheds iv encountered...\it dries the scalp and hair and leaves it lifeless...

Yes I kinda agree and might stop. I ran out of Nizoral for a bit and literally just started again 3 days ago. Since I started again, my head has become more itchy/irritated and I shed so much the past couple days.

Edited by pjjordan

Ok guys update on day 4 I think, all week when I do a hair pull test I was getting 3 or 4 hairs and now im only getting 1 to 2 hairs but mainly 1, certainly much much better than yesterday

1 person likes this

Ok guys update on day 4 I think, all week when I do a hair pull test I was getting 3 or 4 hairs and now im only getting 1 to 2 hairs but mainly 1, certainly much much better than yesterday

Congrats Blue09, ur very close to the cure, u have another week i suppose to be literally cured...I told u patience is the key...u can up the dose to 500

I seem to be shedding really short hairs, not much at all but its the only kind of shedding I have. I think its new hair that trying to regrow but it cant fully grow becaue of my scalp condition.

Still shedfree otherwise

Edited by Elessarx

I seem to be shedding really short hairs, not much at all but its the only kind of shedding I have. I think its new hair that trying to regrow but it cant fully grow becaue of my scalp condition.

Still shedfree otherwise

I think ur in for a treat, regrowth is the most logical scenario now...

Yes I kinda agree and might stop. I ran out of Nizoral for a bit and literally just started again 3 days ago. Since I started again, my head has become more itchy/irritated and I shed so much the past couple days.

It might be the sls. You can try a keto shampoo without that.

If b5 causes insulin resistance, we should all have elevated blood sugar levels. Therefore, BEFORE megadosing more vitamins, why not take a blood sugar test. You don't even have to go to the doctor, they have home based ones you can buy online.

Has anyone here had their blood sugar tested recently?

I've been researching other threads for the last 2 hours and pretty much everyone is saying that b5 depletes b3, b6 and b12. Lots of others saying biotin aswell. I do not believe this has anything to do with dht even in the slightest the hairloss is diffuse all over the head, it just has to be a deficiency or cortisol. I'm not to sure on the b1 atm as I seem to be shedding slightly more today which sucks, all of these vitamins are known to cause hairloss if you become deficient and taking multivitamins will not bring levels back up.

vitamin A

vitamin B6

vitamin B12

beta-carotene

biotin

vitamin C

calcium

vitamin D

inositol

iodine

iron

magnesium

niacin

pantothenic acid

selenium

zinc

As for blood sugar no I've never had that tested but a signs of elevated blood sugar include

Need for frequent urination

Drowsiness

Nausea

Extreme hunger and/or thirst

Blurring of the vision

I do piss a lot haha but then I do drink about 4l water a day.

As for the rest I have none other than drowsiness if you class that as fatigue.

We need tests done.

Most of these threads where from years ago so I'm thinking mabe they cured it otherwise surly if they were still shedding they would be on this forum as this is pretty much the first thing that comes up every time you search b5 hairloss

Here is the plan. I am already talking to my university to see if I can order lab mice. If I am able and this b1doesnt work, I will initiate a kickstarter. (Cost $3000-$5000)

Whatever tests people on this thread believe should be performed will be done, then the mice be be given megadoses of b5. Then they will be tested again to determine any hormonal/nutrient deficient. Then we will attempt to cure their hairloss with supplements/medications. All this will be done via strict scientific standards. We need real science.

@Blue

I think most guys shaved their head and moved on. I don't know anyone who was cured.

1 person likes this

I've been researching other threads for the last 2 hours and pretty much everyone is saying that b5 depletes b3, b6 and b12. Lots of others saying biotin aswell. I do not believe this has anything to do with dht even in the slightest the hairloss is diffuse all over the head, it just has to be a deficiency or cortisol. I'm not to sure on the b1 atm as I seem to be shedding slightly more today which sucks, all of these vitamins are known to cause hairloss if you become deficient and taking multivitamins will not bring levels back up.

vitamin A

vitamin B6

vitamin B12

beta-carotene

biotin

vitamin C

calcium

vitamin D

inositol

iodine

iron

magnesium

niacin

pantothenic acid

selenium

zinc

As for blood sugar no I've never had that tested but a signs of elevated blood sugar include

Need for frequent urination

Drowsiness

Nausea

Extreme hunger and/or thirst

Blurring of the vision

I do piss a lot haha but then I do drink about 4l water a day.

As for the rest I have none other than drowsiness if you class that as fatigue.

We need tests done.

Most of these threads where from years ago so I'm thinking mabe they cured it otherwise surly if they were still shedding they would be on this forum as this is pretty much the first thing that comes up every time you search b5 hairloss

Progesterone wouldn't help hair not only from DHT inhibition, it would help via multiple different pathways. (decreases E2,improves T/E ratio, etc)

My hair has diffuse thinning but also hairline receded! =[

post number 333:"I got back the results of my latest blood work – vitamins B2, B6, B12, D as well as Copper, Iron, Lead, Mercury and Zinc – all came back normal. So, there is no deficiency/excess of any of these.

In the meantime, I managed to slow down the shedding. What did the trick in my case is Magnesium + Chelated Zinc (400/15 mg twice a day) and some adaptogens along with calming herbal supplements to help keep cortisol in check. It seems to be working, so I’m a bit more optimistic now than I was a month ago.

As a side note, my visits to the gym have become less of a drag, as I definitely feel more energetic."

vitamins B2, B6, B12 were fine and his shedding became better with magnesium which decreases cortisol...cortisol is the key, insulin is a bonus from the thiamine but the main negative effect of b5 is high cortisol...

post number 333:"I got back the results of my latest blood work – vitamins B2, B6, B12, D as well as Copper, Iron, Lead, Mercury and Zinc – all came back normal. So, there is no deficiency/excess of any of these.

In the meantime, I managed to slow down the shedding. What did the trick in my case is Magnesium + Chelated Zinc (400/15 mg twice a day) and some adaptogens along with calming herbal supplements to help keep cortisol in check. It seems to be working, so I’m a bit more optimistic now than I was a month ago.

As a side note, my visits to the gym have become less of a drag, as I definitely feel more energetic."

vitamins B2, B6, B12 were fine and his shedding became better with magnesium which decreases cortisol...cortisol is the key, insulin is a bonus from the thiamine but the main negative effect of b5 is high cortisol...

Blood test results from last year-

CORTISOL

Reference range:

4.0-50.0mcg

RESULTS-

24.1mcg

My cortisol levels are in range.

GLUCOSE

Reference Range:

65-99 mg/dL

RESULTS

84 mg/dL

My glucose levels are in range.

The poster you quoted had vitamins and mineral levels checked, NOT CORTISOL/GLUCOSE.

I am weary of all this speculating. I want posters to come back here with OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE such as blood/urine tests showing values out of reference ranges.

Major rule of the medical profession

DO NOT TREAT BASED ON SYMPTOMS.

1 person likes this

Have any1 got his folic acid levels checked?

http://www.jbc.org/content/199/2/547.full.pdf ....It states that pantothenic acid is mainly stored as coa in the liver and this requires folic acid...So its very possible that increased amounts of pantothenic acid depleted/used up folic acid as its a coenzyme required for the the transformation of pantothenic to conenzyme a...Ofcourse folic acid is one of the biggest known factors for non androgenic hair loss...