Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:45 AM
My mistake --> i was using 60% glycolic acid as a spot treatment, I left it on a pimple for 10 minutes. Now I have a red smark on my face, if I stretch the skin, it looks white. I believe I have a deep acid burn, at first it scabbed and now a scar remains.
This is what it looks like more than 1 year after the incident. Also before I took the picture I shaved my upper lip three times (down, sideways than up). It doesn't look so prominent with 1 days of hair growth.
What are the cheapest, simplest non doctor options that I have if any? I don't believe this will get much better over time. I am considering using a fine nail file to scrape off the skin, I believe I'll need to do it for a long time because I think the burn is pretty deep.
Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:02 PM
Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM
Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:05 AM
Also, a nail file?! No, very bad! Be gentle with this spot and give your body ample time to heal it. I had a burn on my hip once and the redness took over 2 years to fade. Using something unhygienic (even if you buy a new one) as a nail file could potentially cause actual scarring and/or infection. Especially being that close to your lip. If you want to help exfoliate your skin get a good facial scrub instead.
If the redness bothers you then pop a tiny spot of concealer on it and nobody will be able to tell it's there. Otherwise, let your body do its thing.
My Skin Care Regime
** Morning **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
3. DermaQuest C3 serum (Vitamin C)
4. DermaQuest Stem Cell 3D Daily Moisturiser (tinted) SPF 15 or
DermaQuest Daily Moisturising Lotion SPF 15 (on weekends)
** Makeup **
1. DermaQuest DermaPerfection Primer
2. Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 15
3. Dermablend Setting Powder
** Night **
1. DermaQuest C3 Cleanser
2. DermaQuest Algae Facial Scrub (every second night)
3. DermaQuest Niacinamide B3 serum
4. DermaQuest Retexture serum (Vitamin A) (every second night)
5. DermaQuest Skin Rehydrating Serum (every other night)
6. DermaQuest Clarifying Pads (5% salicylic acid) (for my biggest acne prone areas)
7. DermaQuest DermaClear TX (for acne spots)
8. Swisse Ultiboost Hair Skin and Nails (vitamin supplement)
*** Current Treatment Plan ***
2010-2011: 5 x Fraxel Re:Store sessions - maybe 10-15% improvement.
2012-2013: 5 x Dermaroller sessions - at least 70% improvement!
2013: One eDermastamp treatment down, one more to go in Oct!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users