Photo

My Isotretinoin Claravis Logs

isotretinoin accutane claravis cystic nodular whitehead blackhead hyperplasia acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#21 Bnh394

Bnh394

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Impressive updates on your log! I am trekking right along with the medication. All side effects are in full effect. Dry nose, red face, dry lips, soreness & fatigue. Crazy chapped lips I been caking on the dans cortibalm at work every 20 min. I look goofy with super shiny lips and what not but oh well. The toughest part is trying to resist alcohol, family and friends in town partying, New Years and my birthday..all bad!!

Edited by Bnh394, 24 December 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#22 LainWired80

LainWired80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

DAY 10:

• my lips are crazy chapped and cracked, i have never had chapped lips like these before, this is just too dry, i am using aquaphor lip balm like every half hr, still its super dry, my lips are peeling too, so it looks like i am doing heroin now....lol...ftr...i dont do drugs...
  • everything else is the same as yesterday..
the good news is I have cleared the first milestone, which is the 9 day milestone, body takes 9 days to eliminate Isotret, so now it looks like my body can handle the drug....the next milestone to clear is the first month blood work....

I am travelling to NYC for Christmas and new years.....but i will still post the updates on log.....good luck to other users....and Happy Holidays....

more updates to come....

Hey! I am also travling to NYC for new years!

#23 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Impressive updates on your log! I am trekking right along with the medication. All side effects are in full effect. Dry nose, red face, dry lips, soreness & fatigue. Crazy chapped lips I been caking on the dans cortibalm at work every 20 min. I look goofy with super shiny lips and what not but oh well. The toughest part is trying to resist alcohol, family and friends in town partying, New Years and my birthday..all bad!!

Hey Bnh394, How have you been?, yeah i totally agree, being sober is the most difficult part, esp. the holiday season where everybody is drinking eggnog and partying....i just hope all this abstinence pays offs....good luck with the trekking...how much trekking do you do?....just make sure not to hurt your joints.....because once you hurt the joints....that will stay life long....atleast that is what i read in all the posts reg. the post-accutane treatment....as far the fatigue and soreness, i make sure to take plenty of rest, that usually helps me out....i can handle the soreness that i have right now, not a big deal...i hope it doesnt get any worse during the course...how are you handling the soreness and fatigue?...i am curious...

DAY 10:

• my lips are crazy chapped and cracked, i have never had chapped lips like these before, this is just too dry, i am using aquaphor lip balm like every half hr, still its super dry, my lips are peeling too, so it looks like i am doing heroin now....lol...ftr...i dont do drugs...
  • everything else is the same as yesterday..
the good news is I have cleared the first milestone, which is the 9 day milestone, body takes 9 days to eliminate Isotret, so now it looks like my body can handle the drug....the next milestone to clear is the first month blood work....

I am travelling to NYC for Christmas and new years.....but i will still post the updates on log.....good luck to other users....and Happy Holidays....

more updates to come....

Hey! I am also travling to NYC for new years!

Hi Lainy, How have you been?, are you going to go see the ball-drop on the new years eve?....my biggest worries are drinking...i was reading your posts...looks like you are concerned about that too...lol......I am going to hangout out with a bunch of idiot friends of mine in NYC....all they do is shots, get drunk and get wasted...i am still working on a plan to dodge that...any ideas?....

DAY 11:
  • lips cannot be any more worse, horrible, i am using aquaphor lip balm, that helps, but i have the habit of licking my lips all the time, so that makes it worse, i am working on changing that bad-habit of mine....lol....extremely diff not to lick my lips...lol
  • the breakout from couple of days back are going down, thats slightly better, because i have a Xmas party to go to.
  • just after shower today, my hands had some red tiny patchy spots about like 10 spots on each hand, kinda looked like psoriasis, but after a couple of hours they are peeling off, i dont know what it is exactly....but now it seems to be fading off.
  • my face is starting to get dry, it is not completely dry, but like the perfect amount of oil. my nose area is still oily though.
  • everything else is the same as yesterday....
more updates to come...merry Xmas to #TWIMC...

Edited by user101, 25 December 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#24 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

DAY 12:
  • my back is breaking out....weird....i dont usually breakout there....few cysts and few small ones...cant really see them...but i can feel them....doesnt bother me too much...so i am going to just ignore it for now.
  • my facial skin looks a little better and smoother.....
  • my scalp is not quite itchy as it used to be
  • i am not too thirsty anymore, still i am going to keep drinking a lot of water....cos thats good....
  • everything else is same as yesterday,

stopping coffee and drinking a lot of water helps me not get any headaches....so i am going to continue this for the rest of the treatment....not too aggressive though.....just going to limit coffee like once in a while....i think my headaches are related to being dehydrated....

also plenty of rest helps joint soreness and fatigue, so i am going to continue that as well.....

I am not satisfied with aquaphor lip balm, so i am going to go get different ones like beeswax or vaseline, etc and try them to see which one might best suite my needs...

more updates to come...

Edited by user101, 26 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#25 zhfac

zhfac

Sylvia, get your head out of the oven.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

Hey user101, saw your post on another person's log and felt like asking a question:
Where did you get your tweezers (pharmacy?) and how are you sterilizing them? Boiling water or just soap?
Good luck with your course!

#26 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hey user101, saw your post on another person's log and felt like asking a question:
Where did you get your tweezers (pharmacy?) and how are you sterilizing them? Boiling water or just soap?

Hi zhfac, use tweezers for what?, i dont use them...though i have one that came while i bought a set from walmart.

#27 zhfac

zhfac

Sylvia, get your head out of the oven.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi zhfac, use tweezers for what?, i dont use them...though i have one that came while i bought a set from walmart.

Oh, in another thread you mentioned that yo had problems with picking, so that's what you were using to help. Unless I read it wrong, and it was someone else who wrote that.

#28 Leo14

Leo14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hi zhfac, you might have read it in my log, I use tweezers to remove the dry skin instead of using my fingernails ;)

they're just an ordinary pair of tweezers, I use hot water and antibacterial handwash before every use. It shouldn't be that important to wash them because you should only be gently removing the dead skin that is already flaking away from the face (if that makes sense).

#29 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

just reached the big apple, feels good, bright colors and lots of people with hopes and dreams....lol....just kidding....the city is littered with craziness...no offense to readers from NYC.....just came to hangout with buddies for new years.

Day 13:
  • bees wax lip balm seems to workout better than aquaphor for me, not because of the brand, just the application method of bees wax seems more convenient for me.
  • everything else is same as yesterday.

more updates to come.

#30 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

DAY 14:
  • my eyes are getting slightly red and dry
  • everything else is same as yesterday, the progress is slower than i thought, given the hype and drama around the drug...lol

more updates to come.....

#31 LainWired80

LainWired80

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

DAY 14:

• everything else is same as yesterday, the progress is slower than i thought, given the hype and drama around the drug...lol

dude i totally agree. im still growing pimples. theres literally no improvements or worsening. just.. the same. but dryer lips. Theres not much progress

#32 gointhedistance

gointhedistance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Y'alls noses don't feel like sand paper? No excessive drying? No purging of blackheads or white heads that go away by the end of the day? Reduction in oil?

Don't get me wrong I'm still getting pimples 1-3 a day but they go away a lot faster... I'm asking because us 3 all started on almost the exact same day.

#33 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Y'alls noses don't feel like sand paper? No excessive drying? No purging of blackheads or white heads that go away by the end of the day? Reduction in oil?

Don't get me wrong I'm still getting pimples 1-3 a day but they go away a lot faster... I'm asking because us 3 all started on almost the exact same day.

gointhedistance, how are you?, your questions are great questions, the answer is i dont have dry nose so far, even the dry eyes lasted yesterday only for few hours, may not be the drug, may be the winds in manhattan, it was too cold yesterday and the day before and i have been all day outside drinking less than usual amounts of water....also the weather is worse today...it is snowing now...lol.....i definitely see reduction in oil esp face and scalp, but no purging of blackheads, i dont have whiteheads at this time, but my point is we are having the same reaction to the drug except the dry nose part, my skin is prone to cysts and not much whiteheads, so in that sense, i am getting cysts just not in my face right now, i have a few on my back that comes and goes really fast.

one thing that i would say dry is my a**hole, i am not trying to be vulgar and i am not trying to curse either, i mean literally, it being dry and all, it makes it slightly harder to poop, i am not trying to be gross, i just dont know how else to explain this, but not too dry like my lips.....so not a big deal for concern right now.....

DAY 14:

dude i totally agree. im still growing pimples. theres literally no improvements or worsening. just.. the same. but dryer lips. Theres not much progress

Lainy, yeah girl, naturally i am a patient guy, but then i read logs of different people, some people start seeing their blackheads pushed out as early as 15th day, which is not happening to me, from your tone, i am guessing nothing yet for you either...lol...atleast we started the same time and we are seeing the same kinda reaction to drug, i guess that kinda better....I am happy with the way things are going right now....i dont want IB while i am hanging out with some of my friends in manhattan, it will be awkward and embarrassing, so 'nothing happening' is good for time being.....lol....

#34 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

DAY 15:
  • my face is dry, in a nice way.
  • I have one new cyst on the tip of my nose
  • everything else is the same as yesterday.
more updates to come....

#35 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

DAY 16:
  • oil on my face is reducing everyday, which is quite noticeable. everyday when i look myself in the mirror, i think my face is already dry, and it is not going to get anymore dry, but the next day it gets a little drier, i guess i am not used to seeing myself with a dry skin, so it is hard for me to explain and measure the dryness level. right now its not too dry or flaky, it just looks oil-free, and that feels good.
  • the cyst that popped yesterday on my nose-tip has already gone down, it is fast.
  • everything else is the same.....
more updates to come....

#36 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Happy new years everybody, and i was out all day yesterday hanging out with my friends for the new years eve, so i couldn't update the log for day 17, but there was nothing new to report either.

DAY 18:
  • i am having two new breakout spots on my face, one is of cystic nature, and the other one is a whitehead, i dont know if this is the IB or just the regular breakouts.
  • rest of it is the same since like day 10.
  • my pores seems to have gotten slightly bigger, in other words, they are more noticeable now. i dont feel like anything is getting pushed out.
more updates to come....

#37 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

DAY 19: (a very detailed log and a summary of past few weeks...i will do this kinda log once in a while)
  • both the acne spots from yesterday have drained out now, this is the first time since i started accutane, they drained out and i had to clean-up, for the past couple of weeks, the acne would show-up and then go back-in, which was kinda better because it would not leave a scar. this is the first time since i started accutane, they came all the way out and then drained out the puss and blood....very gross...but fingers crossed....
  • there are literally like 50-100 tiny dark spots on my face, when i look closer in the mirror, they look like enlarged pores....not a pretty sight at all....i dont know what is going on....based on other people's logs i can may be say that the blackheads are coming out, but there is no clear sign of that yet....so far it just looks like slightly bigger pores...awful....
  • no acne in scalp or back right now.
  • sebaceous hyperplasia is going down as well, but very slow pace, my face is little smoother now and less bumpy, still a long way to go......the funny thing is that most of us with oily skin and sun exposure have the condition called hyperplasia, but we dont even know until we specifically ask our derms.....
  • as far as the side effects summary:
  • since i started using bees wax lip balm, my lips are almost back to normal,
  • i use cetaphil cleanser for face, aveda shampoo for scalp, and old spice game day for body. I also use cerave am/pm moisturizer for the face and cetaphil generic moisturizing lotion for rest of the body, all of this seems to be doing good so far.
  • joint and muscle soreness comes and goes, i only experience it like a once a week, may be twice, for about five to 10 mins. drinking plenty of water and reducing coffee intake to 1-2 times a week seems to workout for me. Doesn't really affect my workouts, it just comes and goes randomly, i cant seem to connect this with anything. Also stretching exercises seems to help.
  • i don't feel fatigue and thirsty anymore. drinking plenty of water and atleast 8 hours of sleep a day seems to help.
  • i am no expert, but these things seem to help me a lot, also low fat diet seems to be a key. Even though there is a mis-understanding that we should take accutane with fatty foods, since isotretinoin is a fat soluble compound....i read tones of articles and the conclusion that i came up - there is enough fat in a low fat meal for the body to absorb the isotretinoin, and if i take it with fatty food, i have the risk of high tri-glycerides in blood tests and as a result i end up taking breaks during treatment, which reduces the effectiveness of the treatment. here is a list of foods to avoid while on accutane, i dont know how accurate it is, but seems interesting to me, so i am sharing....http://djamandad1.tripod.com/id3.html
I have an appointment with my derm tomorrow, he is going to give me the papers for the blood work, and i am thinking of getting the blood work done day-after tomorrow. Hopefully i will pass the test and my derm might up the dose to 80mg/day, no sure yet. While i am at his office, i am going to ask him about the larger pores and the blackheads being pushed out part.....since the blackhead coming out part has not happened to me yet..Posted Image

if you(readers/followers) have questions that you want me ask my derm for second opinion, please let me know, i can ask them for you and get back with answers, I am doing this so you can get a second opinion for your concerns/questions.

more updates to come....

Also i am back from new years trip at new york.....it was awesome....partied with friends and buddies....i drank a little bit....may be a couple of beers and a champagne toast....also did not skip a pill or anything....the key is to drink really slow....i didn't think i can pull this off....esp...when you are hanging out with aggressive drinkers....i am proud of myself for pulling this off...without looking like a dork....lol.....just thought i would share this as well.....

Edited by user101, 02 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#38 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

DAY 20:
  • I went and saw my derm today, and got my blood work done too, blood work results usually takes like 2 days and he can refill my prescription electronically, so i dont have to see him again for like a month. He asked if i had any side effects, and i explained everything thats been going on, the logs definitely help refreshning my memory. after listening to me, he said that he is going to keep me on the same dosage, as long as the blood work is good.
  • I also asked him about blackheads getting pushed out, when does that happen, and IB, etc, he gave me the 'it varies from person to person' answer and he told me to be patient....lol
  • overall, it went good...and it always feels good when certain things come from him rather than some internet posts.....i think thats more official even though its pretty much the same advice...lol
  • since i had to do my blood work this morning while i am fasting, i couldnt have breakfast and no accutane in the morning today, my derm said thats ok, only the cummulative dose matters, there were two tests one was lipids aka triglycerides and the other was blood sugar testing for diabetes.
  • as far as the side effects or the IB, there is nothing new to report today, prob. because of i didnt take the pill in the AM today.
more updates to come...

#39 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

DAY 21: nothing really new to update...

#40 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

DAY 22:
  • my face and nose feels grainier, esp my nose, not much on the face, like i have some sand particles on my nose, little bit like after the beach before taking the shower feeling, not so much like sand paper, but prob. i am getting there.
  • I am able to feel two new cysts inside of my skin when i touch and feel, i cant see them yet, hopefully they go down before it pops out..:)
  • lips are slightly dry, much better than last week though.
  • face is dry too, but not too dry.
  • everything else is the same,
more updates to come....