Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skintuition

Scrubs & The Regimen?

2 posts in this topic

Hey. So if you've been following my posts for awhile you'd know that I struggle with acne and flaky skin. I've been on the regimen for 8 months now, and it's really the only thing that's gotten my acne under control. Dryness however has ALWAYS been a problem since starting the regimen. Nothing has really cured the flaky skin yet.

I have a question about scrubs... Since I have a lot of dead skin cells, is it okay to exfoliate every week or so? I have relatively sensitive skin, so I don't want to use anything to harsh, I'm very cautious when it comes to foreign products on my face. I just want to know your guys' opinion. I use benzoyl peroxide... I really want to know if this is okay, I don't want to get hurt by a scrub. I know they're harsh and all, but I've heard they make your skin really smooth and fresh feeling, which so far, a product has ceased to do. I'm thinking about St. Ives... Thoughts? Experiences? Please let me know.

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.

Hi. I've been wondering the same thing. I love to exfoliate, but haven't since I started the regimen (4weeks ago). I think that since you've been on the regimen for 8 months (kudos btw) it will be ok to do a light exfoliation. Now I'm no expert but I personally think it couldn't hurt every few weeks. Just try a real light exfoliant. St Ive's is really rough. Try just a baking soda mask. Mix water and baking soda into a paste and scrub! Let me know how it goes :)

AM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple protecting light moisturize

PM: Simple foaming face wash; simple soothing facial toner; Dan's BP mixed with Aha+; simple replenishing rich moisturizer