Photo

Please Work Accutane!

Best Answer blabla05, 18 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

OMG i read this post and i soooo can relate to to u!!! My acne looks just like yours ! And its also mostly on my right side ! And guess what! Mines started right after i got stupid depo shot!! :/ and im also was gunna start accutane they pescribed me 20mg / day. Yet still havent taken it im scared of side effects lol but i
So tired of this acne! I swear that depo shot is the worst birth control method ever!! I was even thinkin i was allergic to it or sumthin cus in a matter of months it kept gettin worse and worse . And i only got one shot! So let me know how it s going for u ! Since like i said i can sooooo relate to ur story!

omg wow thats nuts.. mine depo shot would have expired in december so im hoping majority of it is out of my system i have no acne anymorr just redness that will hopefully fade out after i stop accutane... i probably will break out again but wont be as severe....... i wont ever take bc ever again in any kind!! Go to the full post

164 replies to this topic

#41 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I get itchy skin too, worst right after a shower. I just load up on the moisturizer any time I was my hands or take a shower (like 3 times a week now, I'm just too dry)

Secretsky - there are antibiotics you can take along with accutane, like erythromycin, maybe you could do both?

Edited by ughhhhh, 23 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#42 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I get itchy skin too, worst right after a shower. I just load up on the moisturizer any time I was my hands or take a shower (like 3 times a week now, I'm just too dry)

Secretsky - there are antibiotics you can take along with accutane, like erythromycin, maybe you could do both?

How long have you been on accutane for and have you seen much improvement?

#43 ughhhhh

ughhhhh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

How long have you been on accutane for and have you seen much improvement?

34 days at 20mg - My derm sees improvement but I dont. I have many cysts and nodules though, my condition is severe. My surface acne is much improved
but I got more cysts with my IB so I feel like I'm not improved yet.

#44 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

soo it's christmas tomorrow. even though there is not much improvement im feeling more confident about my skin, i think its because it's less oily and inflammed.....

#45 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Yay!
That's good to hear.
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

#46 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Day 13: Well, got more pimples. So no improvement at all really. Except I'm loving the fact my face doesn't go greasy throught the day. Lips are dry as hell and sore! No more itchy eyebrows but scalp is. So much to go.. cannot wait for the overall result.

#47 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hmmm? I look tanner fron lighting. I feel different but it doesnt look too different, thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Edited by blabla05, 26 December 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#48 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

It's kind of hard to tell with the quality of the pictures, but it looks good. :)

#49 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

It's kind of hard to tell with the quality of the pictures, but it looks good. :)

It feels better!! Wish it looked better... ah well I still have a long way to go..

#50 BMarieWantsNoAcne

BMarieWantsNoAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

I totally know what you mean. Some parts of my face feel super smooth and soft and some are still rough and painful. :/ one month down, five to go!

#51 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Just finished first packet! My face isn't as itchy and Ive noticed my face is general is a lot less red? Unless thats just me imagining things. Not too much improvement still getting pimples everyday. They heal a lot quicker and better though!

#52 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

UM OK SO DISASTER!
I went to get my eyebrows PLUCKED!! half way through she put wax on my eyebrows and i just let her continue... THE SKIN ONTOP OF MY EYEBROWS HAS COME OFF!! Its red and dry! Dont know what to do.. if it stays like this forever i will cry

#53 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

My eyebrows have calm down heaps thank god. Never waxing again, even AFTER accutane. Im done for good!! just threading and plucing from now on.......

As for my skin, such a improvement!! But dont want to talk too soon.. havent been on accutane for too long... (17-18 days)

Hope everyone had a good new years!

#54 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Got my first blood nose! my nose is very dry, can anyone suggest any products? Also, my skin went very clear for a few days, but breaking out again hmm ;(

#55 myresults_xnow

myresults_xnow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I made the same mistake getting my eyebrows waxed while on Accutane. I used a scar gel and that helped them heal (if she removed skin).

You'll notice a lot of a breaking out and clearing up about the first 2 months. I didn't have a single break out after that. I liked to think of it as the more pimples I got the more it was pushing out and I wouldn't have to deal with later on in the course.

As for your nose bleeds, as gross as it is, I used vaseline or aquaphor on a q-tip inside my nose during the night to combat the dryness. Also a humidifier in your room/where you sleep may help in these winter months.

#56 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I made the same mistake getting my eyebrows waxed while on Accutane. I used a scar gel and that helped them heal (if she removed skin).

You'll notice a lot of a breaking out and clearing up about the first 2 months. I didn't have a single break out after that. I liked to think of it as the more pimples I got the more it was pushing out and I wouldn't have to deal with later on in the course.

As for your nose bleeds, as gross as it is, I used vaseline or aquaphor on a q-tip inside my nose during the night to combat the dryness. Also a humidifier in your room/where you sleep may help in these winter months.

Yeah my skin ripped off looked horrible!! I used corrisone cream worked pretty well! Healed quite well, turned me off waxing for life!

Thanks for your tips!!

#57 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hey blabla05 ....
Sorry for responding SO late. Holidays and all had me pretty much occupied.
So how has it been so far?
I keep getting breakouts that just don't want to stop ;-( This time around on accutane is SO much different than my first shot at it. It's kind of weird but I'm still hanging on.
I stuck with accutane honestly and found another doc that I will make an apnt with asap. He's kinda far away so I have to make time to go.
How was your Christmas and new years day? Hope you had a good time.

I saw your recent pic! I think it looks pretty good!
So you did get your IB eh? yup its a sucker. BUT hang in there!

Hope all is well, and sorry for being so late again.
Take care

#58 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Hey blabla05 ....
Sorry for responding SO late. Holidays and all had me pretty much occupied.
So how has it been so far?
I keep getting breakouts that just don't want to stop ;-( This time around on accutane is SO much different than my first shot at it. It's kind of weird but I'm still hanging on.
I stuck with accutane honestly and found another doc that I will make an apnt with asap. He's kinda far away so I have to make time to go.
How was your Christmas and new years day? Hope you had a good time.

I saw your recent pic! I think it looks pretty good!
So you did get your IB eh? yup its a sucker. BUT hang in there!

Hope all is well, and sorry for being so late again.
Take care

I actually dont know if I got my IB, one second I look like I'm clearing up then BOOM BREAKOUT. So atm I'm going through a breakout I don't know if IB but it sucks. ;(

#59 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hey blabla05! Hang in there! I'm on day 33 (or 35 if you count the days I went without pills after the first month) and I am still getting new spots... Its not as bad as my initial IB, which got bad quickly then took forever to fade somewhat... It looks like you are much further along than I was when mine started (day 8). I just kept telling myself during the worst of it, this is a good thing and now my skin is starting to calm down and change. It still looks bad but in a more manageable way if that makes sense. I have acne that scabs over really bad and the scabs are 95% gone now, but the active spots and larger cysts are still there. I've had cortisone shots, but they don't help much, only with small ones.

Myresults_xnow's comment seems to be pretty accurate cause this is the beginning of my second month and I'm still going through the cycles of break out then get better than break out again, but each new breakout is not as bad as the earlier ones, so that gives me some hope!

Good luck! I'm sure the journey will be well worth the wait in the end. ;)

#60 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hey blabla05! Hang in there! I'm on day 33 (or 35 if you count the days I went without pills after the first month) and I am still getting new spots... Its not as bad as my initial IB, which got bad quickly then took forever to fade somewhat... It looks like you are much further along than I was when mine started (day 8). I just kept telling myself during the worst of it, this is a good thing and now my skin is starting to calm down and change. It still looks bad but in a more manageable way if that makes sense. I have acne that scabs over really bad and the scabs are 95% gone now, but the active spots and larger cysts are still there. I've had cortisone shots, but they don't help much, only with small ones.

Myresults_xnow's comment seems to be pretty accurate cause this is the beginning of my second month and I'm still going through the cycles of break out then get better than break out again, but each new breakout is not as bad as the earlier ones, so that gives me some hope!

Good luck! I'm sure the journey will be well worth the wait in the end. ;)

Hey buddy i have no idea where I'm at. One week its great andthen BAM breakout. So im not too sure if I even have had the IB yet. Im on about day 20... so i guess still early days...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users