Photo

Please Work Accutane!

Best Answer blabla05, 18 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

OMG i read this post and i soooo can relate to to u!!! My acne looks just like yours ! And its also mostly on my right side ! And guess what! Mines started right after i got stupid depo shot!! :/ and im also was gunna start accutane they pescribed me 20mg / day. Yet still havent taken it im scared of side effects lol but i
So tired of this acne! I swear that depo shot is the worst birth control method ever!! I was even thinkin i was allergic to it or sumthin cus in a matter of months it kept gettin worse and worse . And i only got one shot! So let me know how it s going for u ! Since like i said i can sooooo relate to ur story!

omg wow thats nuts.. mine depo shot would have expired in december so im hoping majority of it is out of my system i have no acne anymorr just redness that will hopefully fade out after i stop accutane... i probably will break out again but wont be as severe....... i wont ever take bc ever again in any kind!! Go to the full post

164 replies to this topic

#21 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Well that's good that the doc gave you other medications. Most people that are on antibiotics or other meds while starting accutane either don't have a break out or have mild ones. I was not on any other pill but accutane, so that's probably why I keep getting.

But I agree...It doesn't seem like you have active pimples per say but more of the red marks that come with the after math of an acne flare up. It'll go away and its not permanent which is good news!! You'll be fine. This one especially would go away soon. Its the pimple that's annoying and the cysts that come with it because they take longer to heal and go away.

But yeah, I think its the bc shot that probably caused your flare up which is a hormonal case of acne. You'll be fine just be patient because it'll take time. I've taken this drug before and it works and I hope it works better for me the second time around. I'm PRAYING!

Did the doctor say how long she will keep you on accutane?
You'd want to stay on it as long as possible to make sure it doesn't come back. My doc gave me the minimum dose which according to my weight should be around 7200 mg of a course of accutane. And my acne came back worse then before. So I want to take the FULL dose and possibly take a pill once a month just to keep it at bay for good! We shall see.

Take care, keep your head high, and good luck!
Secretysky

#22 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

Day 6: Started getting these tiny little white pimples, weird because that's not the usual acne I get?

The top of the inside of my mouth feels rough and really dry and my joints around my wrists and fingers hurt but barely even noticable. Surprised my lils aren dry because they usually are!!

#23 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Well that's good that the doc gave you other medications. Most people that are on antibiotics or other meds while starting accutane either don't have a break out or have mild ones. I was not on any other pill but accutane, so that's probably why I keep getting.

But I agree...It doesn't seem like you have active pimples per say but more of the red marks that come with the after math of an acne flare up. It'll go away and its not permanent which is good news!! You'll be fine. This one especially would go away soon. Its the pimple that's annoying and the cysts that come with it because they take longer to heal and go away.

But yeah, I think its the bc shot that probably caused your flare up which is a hormonal case of acne. You'll be fine just be patient because it'll take time. I've taken this drug before and it works and I hope it works better for me the second time around. I'm PRAYING!

Did the doctor say how long she will keep you on accutane?
You'd want to stay on it as long as possible to make sure it doesn't come back. My doc gave me the minimum dose which according to my weight should be around 7200 mg of a course of accutane. And my acne came back worse then before. So I want to take the FULL dose and possibly take a pill once a month just to keep it at bay for good! We shall see.

Take care, keep your head high, and good luck!
Secretysky

I've had these marks/pimples for months;(;(;(

dammit

all my cyts have gone but im breaking out in white tiny pimples. i never get pimples like these:S

#24 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Yeah I know how that feels. But it seems you caught it early and hopefully you'll be rid of it soon. As harsh as this sounds I actually use a lactic acid peel every once in a while. It hasn't helped the acne per say but it seems to be helping with the red marks. Derms wouldn't recommend but hey I'm on a low dose and it hasn't irritated me yet. I'm not sure where you live but I got it from Sephora. Also anything with glycolic acid/lactic acid is good with hyperpigmentation, which is basically what those red marks are. If you want to know the name of it, let me know :-)

As for me, today is a bad day. I keep getting new zits popping up! I just want it to stop for crying out loud. I can't wait til it stops!

Well, take care!
Stay in touch :-)

#25 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yeah I know how that feels. But it seems you caught it early and hopefully you'll be rid of it soon. As harsh as this sounds I actually use a lactic acid peel every once in a while. It hasn't helped the acne per say but it seems to be helping with the red marks. Derms wouldn't recommend but hey I'm on a low dose and it hasn't irritated me yet. I'm not sure where you live but I got it from Sephora. Also anything with glycolic acid/lactic acid is good with hyperpigmentation, which is basically what those red marks are. If you want to know the name of it, let me know :-)

As for me, today is a bad day. I keep getting new zits popping up! I just want it to stop for crying out loud. I can't wait til it stops!

Well, take care!
Stay in touch :-)

I live in Australia, after my course of accutane is done and HOPEFULLY ALL IS GOOD, I was thinking of doing a Fraxel. Which is like skin resurfacing. However, I have to wait 6 months I've been off accutane to do it. But I have a little bit of faith that the red marks will fade by then!

#26 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

Day 6: Sore throat, forehead a little dry... Can't belive how quick 6 days have gone....

#27 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Yeah they go by fast especially when you keep yourself busy. I'm wrapping up my five weeks and will be starting my sixth this Friday.
Still got 4 active ones. Blah. When one goes, another comes up to replace it. So I'm still battling breakouts BUT I should be thankful that they either become a white head quickly or they are just smaller cysts. Not as big as I used to get them. So, some positives there. Can't wait til they just stop coming ALL together!

Anyhow, keep me posted :-)
Take care

#28 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yeah they go by fast especially when you keep yourself busy. I'm wrapping up my five weeks and will be starting my sixth this Friday.
Still got 4 active ones. Blah. When one goes, another comes up to replace it. So I'm still battling breakouts BUT I should be thankful that they either become a white head quickly or they are just smaller cysts. Not as big as I used to get them. So, some positives there. Can't wait til they just stop coming ALL together!

Anyhow, keep me posted :-)
Take care

All my cysts have left! i have a feeling they left because the anti flammatory medication that the derm also gave me...

But im getting tiny little white heads everywhere and I never used to get them!!

Wow 5 weeks, how do you feel?

#29 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Only symptoms I have so far is the dry lips and occasional joint discomfort but nothing that bothers me much. It's just the continuous cycle of getting pimples and it hasn't come to a stop. Not sure why, but its annoying.
What anti inflammatory meds are you taking?

Yeah I started to get the tiny white heads too along with the cysts and some comedones. Sorry if I sound a bit down and complaining. It's annoying to have acne...blah :-( I guess I just want to see a light in the tunnel and sometimes I feel I take a step forward and three steps back. But again, I know its expected but its just annoying.

Well, how are you feeling?

#30 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Only symptoms I have so far is the dry lips and occasional joint discomfort but nothing that bothers me much. It's just the continuous cycle of getting pimples and it hasn't come to a stop. Not sure why, but its annoying.
What anti inflammatory meds are you taking?

Yeah I started to get the tiny white heads too along with the cysts and some comedones. Sorry if I sound a bit down and complaining. It's annoying to have acne...blah :-( I guess I just want to see a light in the tunnel and sometimes I feel I take a step forward and three steps back. But again, I know its expected but its just annoying.

Well, how are you feeling?

Seriously you can complain all you like to me because I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY. I could cry for days over acne..... All I do is look at other peoples perfect complextions in jealousy.

I feel ok, I get sore throats... and this might all br in my head... but I feel like my skin is less irrated BY A LOT. It doesnt go red like it used to or inflammrd but once again its prob those anti flammatory pills

#31 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

you didn't mention what anti inflam the doc prescribed? I'm curious. I'm going to my derm in a few days and may ask him about something like that.
The soar throats are not in your head. I had that too for the first few weeks when I started accutane but I no longer have them.

I got two cysts that actually hurt when I move my face to smile or talk :-( Even the wind hurt it today. sucks.
Thanks thought for letting me complain. Sometimes when I can vent with someone who understands makes things easier. So thanks :-)

#32 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

you didn't mention what anti inflam the doc prescribed? I'm curious. I'm going to my derm in a few days and may ask him about something like that.
The soar throats are not in your head. I had that too for the first few weeks when I started accutane but I no longer have them.

I got two cysts that actually hurt when I move my face to smile or talk :-( Even the wind hurt it today. sucks.
Thanks thought for letting me complain. Sometimes when I can vent with someone who understands makes things easier. So thanks :-)

They are called Solone Tablets 5mg and I'm taking 3 a day for 2 weeks only for the IB...

It feels good to vent on here because sometimes I feel annoying when I complain to my boyfriend. Having a tiny break out today.. :(:(:( wa....

#33 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I'm sorry about the little break out. Hang in there. Like I said before, the beginning you will see some more pimples than usual. But its great that you're taking the solone and hopefully what ever break out you get it'll keep it from getting too big. That's a steroid medication, which is good for the swelling therefore you should see those buggers disappearing fast! Hang in there buddy. I'm not going to lie to you because it is common to get a bit of a break out so expect it and it too shall pass. Sometimes is better to know what to expect so that you don't get shocked and feel worse than you already feel.

Vent all you want and we get help each other through this hell Posted Image

#34 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'm sorry about the little break out. Hang in there. Like I said before, the beginning you will see some more pimples than usual. But its great that you're taking the solone and hopefully what ever break out you get it'll keep it from getting too big. That's a steroid medication, which is good for the swelling therefore you should see those buggers disappearing fast! Hang in there buddy. I'm not going to lie to you because it is common to get a bit of a break out so expect it and it too shall pass. Sometimes is better to know what to expect so that you don't get shocked and feel worse than you already feel.

Vent all you want and we get help each other through this hell Posted Image

First week is done and I thought I was going well until pimples came out and lips so dry they hurt!! GREAT!!!

I dont care, I know i will be grateful one day soon

#35 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

Yes you will be! Just take it easy.
I went to the derm today and he wants me to stop taking Accutane and go on doxycycline!!! What the heck! I'm resistant to the drug but he still wants me too. I'm just thinking of sticking on the accutane and finding another derm. I'm so ticked today.

#36 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Yes you will be! Just take it easy.
I went to the derm today and he wants me to stop taking Accutane and go on doxycycline!!! What the heck! I'm resistant to the drug but he still wants me too. I'm just thinking of sticking on the accutane and finding another derm. I'm so ticked today.

oh really? why?? why does he think accutane isnt workin?

#37 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

<b>Day 10 </b>
Lips are dry but nothing too bizzare. Breakout on my dreaded right cheek. No improvements beside the face my skin is A LOT less oilly which I love. When do people start seeing improvement is it 3 months?

#38 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

I think my derm thinks that if I go on antibiotics that it'll reduce the swelling of the pimples I have. I guess he expected more of an improvement but sees that its still pretty swollen. I think he wants to put me on the antibiotics and then back to accutane. My acne is freaking stubborn too so I guess the fact that I've been on accutane before he wants to switch me back and forth?! No clue and I'm not convinced :-( I'm planning to stick with accutane and find another doc and that's it.

I got quite a few new spots on my right cheek again. I'm already in my 6th week too.

Improvement honestly differs from person to person and TIME TO TIME. The first time I was on accutane everything cleared up in a few weeks and it was smooth sailing after that. I mean I got a few zits here and there, but nothing that I felt embarrassed to walk out of my house with.I Never had to deal with what I'm dealing with this time around. So its REALLY hard to say when you should see improvements. PLUS there are many other factors that come into play here. I think because I have changed where I live (US to middle east) is a BIG factor too. Food, water, air and many other things are just different so my body has to adapt to it. PLUS being stressed out with a new job! I think that no new 'factors' in your life would make clearing easier and faster as well.
I just need to focus on adapting and stop stressing out then perhaps I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You're on your second week, so brace yourself here. But I think you'll do just fine. My acne is worse than yours on top of the fact that mine is plain old stubborn and I've been battling it for years. Yours seems to be a sudden breakout that you've never gotten before so you're not as resistant to drugs like some of us may be.

HANG in there, I'll be here to help you throughout your quest.
Take care

#39 blabla05

blabla05

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I think my derm thinks that if I go on antibiotics that it'll reduce the swelling of the pimples I have. I guess he expected more of an improvement but sees that its still pretty swollen. I think he wants to put me on the antibiotics and then back to accutane. My acne is freaking stubborn too so I guess the fact that I've been on accutane before he wants to switch me back and forth?! No clue and I'm not convinced :-( I'm planning to stick with accutane and find another doc and that's it.

I got quite a few new spots on my right cheek again. I'm already in my 6th week too.

Improvement honestly differs from person to person and TIME TO TIME. The first time I was on accutane everything cleared up in a few weeks and it was smooth sailing after that. I mean I got a few zits here and there, but nothing that I felt embarrassed to walk out of my house with.I Never had to deal with what I'm dealing with this time around. So its REALLY hard to say when you should see improvements. PLUS there are many other factors that come into play here. I think because I have changed where I live (US to middle east) is a BIG factor too. Food, water, air and many other things are just different so my body has to adapt to it. PLUS being stressed out with a new job! I think that no new 'factors' in your life would make clearing easier and faster as well.
I just need to focus on adapting and stop stressing out then perhaps I'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You're on your second week, so brace yourself here. But I think you'll do just fine. My acne is worse than yours on top of the fact that mine is plain old stubborn and I've been battling it for years. Yours seems to be a sudden breakout that you've never gotten before so you're not as resistant to drugs like some of us may be.

HANG in there, I'll be here to help you throughout your quest.
Take care

Did you ever get itchy?! My eyebrows are so itchy right now:(

#40 secretsky

secretsky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

yeah, I'm itchy as I'm writing this message.
It's probably just dry skin.
I usually put some cold water on it to soothe it down or just use hydrocortisone cream which tames the itch for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users