Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blabla05

Please Work Accutane!

165 posts in this topic

About to hit 4 months, pretty down because of all these acne marks. its killing me, my face is smoother but full of red marks.. ahh. But heaps of improvement, I should be happy about that!

Hey blabla! I'm about at the same stage and experiencing the same thing! Can't complain about the progress but ready for it to all flatten out and for the redness to go away so I can be clear again like before this horrible breakout started! Don't be down, my derm said it takes those of us with more severe acne longer. Every day we are 1 day closer to our goal of clear skin!!! :D I'm convinced it will work its just gonna take its sweet a** time, lol!

1 person likes this

Sorry to read you feel down at the moment. I can see a big improvement in your last pictures! Hope the new pimples have stopped appearing. I know how frustrating it can be, but just hang in thererolleyes.gif

still breaking out. however no massive cysts like i used to. i just finished month 4. i feel like im improving but its going very very slow? what does this mean?? has anyone else had slow progress??... but its definately working

Same exact thing is happening to me. I might be like a week ahead of you. Derm said progress is slow for some, so just remember that any improvement is a good sign. She says everyone eventually clears, for some it just takes a lot longer than others (8 months even). Keep optimistic and don't overanalyze it in the mean time, though I know that can be hard to do.

I had great progress and then at the start of month 5 I started breaking out again. I hadn't had any whiteheads in months and just a few red bumps. However, at the start of month 5 (over a week ago and still there) I had a massive whitehead on my cheek, a small one on my chin, and a bunch of red bumps on my jaw. Not sure what's going on... I hope your skin improves soon!!!

just so frustrated. if i was on 20 mg for 1 month and 40 mg for 3 months, how much longer do you think il be on it if i weigh 50kg

Really it depends on when you clear. Most derms don't want to take you off if you're still breaking out once you've reached the minimum dosage. So 120x50= 6000mg is your minimum. You've reached about 4200 if you finished your 4th month. I bumped up to 60mg for my 5th, hoping I can finish in two months though my doctor thinks longer :\

My breakouts may not be as severe but beginning my 5th month with no dramatic results.. kinda disapointing. Maybe accutane won't work afterall :(

I have this thought at the back of my mind always if I should stop taking birth control mid tane to prevent post pill breakout

what dose accutane did you take?

im on 40mg... just started 5 month. not 1 cyst, but terrible terrible embarssing scaring. ;(

and a lot of red dry patches on my arms...

sigh. from being clear for a week and a bit!!! i get one massive pimple, could of been worse!

sigh. from being clear for a week and a bit!!! i get one massive pimple, could of been worse!

I just started month 6. I am also still getting new ones but much less often and smaller and old ones are still there but very, very gradually going away. How are your old ones doing? Doc says I'll be on this for 7 months total (60mg a month and I weigh 50kg). Hope this works out fully like she seems so confident it will! Good luck to you as well! Hang in there! :)

1 person likes this

im clear. but how am i not satisfied!! it's because im dry everywhere, eczema everywhere and my complextion is shit. i just still look crap

1 person likes this

all this pigmentation is makin me depressed i dont want to leave my bed.. knowing i still have 2 months left depresses me :( anyone want to make me feel better

post-192354-0-05426600-1369019069_thumb.

post-192354-0-05426600-1369019069_thumb.

Hang in there..2 months will fly by,,remain positive..your pigmentation doesnt look that bad and rest assured it will begin to subside once you are off accutane!

Keep your head up!

I'm concerned about my hyperpigmentation too! is yours really that bad? I can't tell in the picture bc it's so blurry

All that pigmentation will start to fade once you are off accutane. Your skin heals very slowly on accutane. So you will be suprised how quickly things change. My scars are starting to fill back in and almost all my pigmentation is gone and I've been off since October. Patience is key with Hyperpigmentaion. Once you are off accutane and your skin isn't so sensitive you can start looking into fading creams and all that stuff aha or lemon juice. Hang in there. Step 1 was to clear your acne, be happy you have that completed. Once you are off accutane and your skin toughens back up you can move on to step 2 and deal with your scarring. Celebrate the clear skin girl! That's a huge step!

1 person likes this

Regimen:

AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone

PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+

Been taking Sprio since 1/2013