This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two More Tries Before Accutane

3 posts in this topic

As I've stated in previous threads, I've tried almost everything to rid of acne.. Spent over $20,000 easy on multiple laser surgeries, supplements, medications, etc.

The only thing I really didn't try yet is accutane. I'm a bodybuilder and the side effects of accutane might effect my workouts which is why I've avoided it for so long.

Over the past year or so I've been going 1 month without a certain type of food that might be causing the acne.. I've tried coffee, nuts, dairy, fructose, etc.... The only things I didn't try yet (that I think might be causing the acne) are gluten, red meat and insulin spikes.

My question is, are any of these things a possible trigger?

1 - A month without red meat is easy so I might try this first.

2 - A month without gluten might be a bit harder but if it has a chance at clearing acne I'm all for it.

3 - A month without high insulin spikes will be really tough..

FYI - I only get acne around mouth. My forehead never had acne before and my cheeks are clear.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

(inb4 "stop training!" ... Acne has been a problem for me long before I started training. In addition I took time off to see if my training caused my hormones to go crazy, triggering acne.... no relation).

bumb. Trying to go without red meat .. so far it's kinda working (I think).. too soon to tell.