Best Treatment For Nose Pits? (Pics)

tca

30 replies to this topic

#21 TerrorFirmer

TerrorFirmer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Eradicating the disease that is acne scarring.

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

Me again. I have now done 4 needling sessions with a 1.8mm single needle, 3 of those times I used Copper Peptides directly afterwards and daily thereafter.

There is a most definite improvement, however it is very slow. I will be doing session 5 in the middle of August at the earliest. There is about 40% improvement over the 4 sessions, so realistically I think it will be at least a year before I get very good results. Definitely no quick fixes when it comes to the nose!

I don't have a good camera, so it was difficult to exactly chart my progress, and a few times I was asking myself - is it improved or am I imagining it? However, the way I know it is dramatically improved, is by comparing the two pit scars to other scarred pores I have. The two pit scars I wanted to treat dwarfed the other pits, and were visible literally 2 feet away in the mirror. Now, I cannot see them from that distance at all, and when I go closer to the mirror, they actually resemble the other pit scars I have.

I'll update again around the end of August/early September.

Edited by TerrorFirmer, 02 August 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#22 giveback

giveback

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

thank u sir

#23 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Where did you get your needles sir?

#24 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

Me again. I have now done 4 needling sessions with a 1.8mm single needle, 3 of those times I used Copper Peptides directly afterwards and daily thereafter.

There is a most definite improvement, however it is very slow. I will be doing session 5 in the middle of August at the earliest. There is about 40% improvement over the 4 sessions, so realistically I think it will be at least a year before I get very good results. Definitely no quick fixes when it comes to the nose!

I don't have a good camera, so it was difficult to exactly chart my progress, and a few times I was asking myself - is it improved or am I imagining it? However, the way I know it is dramatically improved, is by comparing the two pit scars to other scarred pores I have. The two pit scars I wanted to treat dwarfed the other pits, and were visible literally 2 feet away in the mirror. Now, I cannot see them from that distance at all, and when I go closer to the mirror, they actually resemble the other pit scars I have.

I'll update again around the end of August/early September.

Where did you get your needles?
And how much time is spaced apart for every treatment?

#25 TerrorFirmer

TerrorFirmer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hi, me again.

After this length, I can report, that out of 2 particularly horrible life altering scars on my nose, one has filled in slightly. Maybe 30%.

That's about a year since individual needling, and TCA peels....so, one scar, as big as ever with no response, one scar, has filled in somewhat.

It's incredibly slow progress. Believe me, as much as anyone, I want an instant fix, but....I think honestly it'll take YEARS, if not more, to fill them in completely.

I have been needling, TCA 25% peels, etc, but....it really is just a very slow process. One scar on my nose has responded OK, with an improvement, the other deep scar, is not responding at all, and is still as bad as ever after needling and TCA.

#26 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi, me again.

After this length, I can report, that out of 2 particularly horrible life altering scars on my nose, one has filled in slightly. Maybe 30%.

That's about a year since individual needling, and TCA peels....so, one scar, as big as ever with no response, one scar, has filled in somewhat.

It's incredibly slow progress. Believe me, as much as anyone, I want an instant fix, but....I think honestly it'll take YEARS, if not more, to fill them in completely.

I have been needling, TCA 25% peels, etc, but....it really is just a very slow process. One scar on my nose has responded OK, with an improvement, the other deep scar, is not responding at all, and is still as bad as ever after needling and TCA.

So from your year of needling,
Which parts of the nose responds best to needling nd which parts does not respond well?

#27 lamchopz

lamchopz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Sarah Vaughter of 'owndoc' doesn't recommend needling on the nose, I'd do some more research about your nose before you commit to needling that area.

#28 DayneCarter

DayneCarter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

Sarah Vaughter of 'owndoc' doesn't recommend needling on the nose, I'd do some more research about your nose before you commit to needling that area.

what does work?

#29 lamchopz

lamchopz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm not saying dermaroller won't work on the nose

This is from owndoc's dermaroller pdf

'Scars on the nose All invasive skin treatments on the nose are risky because this area reacts and heals
unpredictable and it can end up worse. You can try a 1 mm dermastamp but never perform any aggressive
stamping here. Start slowly and try one small area first'

I don't have any scars on my nose, just pigmentation and some visible pores so I'm not the right person to give advice.

I can say that I've had fraxel restore and that didn't have any detrimental (nor positive) effect on my nose.

#30 TerrorFirmer

TerrorFirmer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Hi guys,

Just back for as update, since its summer 2014! So I've been trying things for the past 2 years now.

I have found something that has definitely worked very well for me.

Disclaimer: do not try this without being aware that it may go very wrong for you, I have very tough skin.

I used 50% TCA as a spot treatment using a cotton bud on the side of my nose where the two worst pits are. I have lots of huge pores but these two ones are the bane of my life...or they were. Warning: Not everyone's skin is going to be able to take 50% TCA, and the results are very, very unpredictable so be warned. I'm not advising that people use it.

I put the 50% solution onto a cotton bud, and applied it vigorously to the area. The frosting was so intense it lasted for hours. At this point I was terrified that I had done serious damage. Even more terrifying, the result scab was large, deep, and lasted three weeks. I thought when it finally came off I was going to be left with a huge hole in my nose.

And, onto the bad stuff first - I was left with a hollow in my nose where the tca was, the whole area is slightly sunken now. This will show you how dangerous TCA at this strength it. I can't stress that enough. but it's not noticable except in certain lighting and it doesn't bother me too much - because the two freakin massive scarred pores that I was treating have been massively filled in. This is actually 3 months after I did it, so it's looking very good now. It's not perfect and the large pores are still visible, but they are SO much improved.

#31 giveback

giveback

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Can we some photos of the one treated with 50% tca?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users