Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Instead Of Lurking...i Thought I'd Join

1 post in this topic

Hi! I've been lurking on these forums for like 3 months and finally decided to be brave enough to join.

A little about me....I got my first zit at age 7 but really started to break out by the time I was in high school. I am 30 years old and have resolved to fix (or at least greatly minimize) this problem. I suffer from moderate/severe (more on moderate side but it changes daily) acne with lots of hyperpigmentation. I've tried quite a few things but am currently exploring nutrition as an aid.

Things I've found that have helped some so far are using the Olay x spin brush twice a day when I wash my face, using bareMinerals blemish therapy on zits as they form, and taking a supplement for skin. Those have helped with my cystic acne and have cleared me up about 25%. I rarely get cystic acne anymore which is a huge improvement as I used to have at least 75% of the time.

Other than that I'm in the middle of a diet transition (currently dairy-free vegetarian going to little to no processed foods and lower sugar intake). Hopefully I'll have positive results!

Welcome! You're def among friends here and people who understand your struggle. Best of luck on the change of diet!

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil

My Regimen Log:

Hello! I recently joined as well after lurking for a while. Good luck with your diet & be sure to post about how it goes :D