Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possibly Great Moisturizers...help Me Ingredient Check Them!

6 posts in this topic

I have been looking for a good new moisturizer, and these two both look VERY promising. Can I get some input from you ingredient buffs out there? rolleyes.gif How do they look?

Elta MD am moisturizer:

Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Lauryl PEG-9 Polymethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Piptadenia Colubrina Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Elta MD pm moisturizer:

Purified Water, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Linoleic Acid, 1-3-Bis (N-2-(Hydroxyethyl) Palmitoylamino) -2- Hydroxy Propane, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycereth-26, Cetearyl Glucoside, Thioctic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Hydroxide.

I have been looking for a good new moisturizer, and these two both look VERY promising. Can I get some input from you ingredient buffs out there? rolleyes.gif How do they look?

Elta MD am moisturizer:

Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Lauryl PEG-9 Polymethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Piptadenia Colubrina Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Caffeine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Elta MD pm moisturizer:

Purified Water, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Linoleic Acid, 1-3-Bis (N-2-(Hydroxyethyl) Palmitoylamino) -2- Hydroxy Propane, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycereth-26, Cetearyl Glucoside, Thioctic Acid, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Bisulfite, Sodium Hydroxide.

1 person likes this

Hmm, that's a lot of unpronounceable chemicals there ! I'm not sure on all the ingredients but there's a few that's on the list of things to avoid/harmful chemicals.

Sodium Hydroxide is classed as a strong skin irritant, so I'd consider that before you buy it :) It should be ok if you don't have sensitive skin though.

personally I think natural products are best but if that's not your thing then I'd go ahead and give that moisturiser a try.

1 person likes this

....:Eye on the TV cos' tragedy thrills me, whatever flavour it happens to be:....

skeleton.jpg

Thanks for your input guys! Yeah fortunately the sodium hydroxide is last ingredient listed, which means there is a tiny percentage (plus, my skin is very acne prone but not sensitive thankfully)

Those products didn't have any of the "red flag" ingredients that I know of, and i'm glad you don't see any either! I'll give them a try and update this thread in a few weeks (if I remember teehee.gif )

Thanks Michelle, I appreciate you pointing out the difference between the two :). I'll send the company an email asking about the concentration of niacinamide.

Thanks for your input guys! Yeah fortunately the sodium hydroxide is last ingredient listed, which means there is a tiny percentage (plus, my skin is very acne prone but not sensitive thankfully)

Those products didn't have any of the "red flag" ingredients that I know of, and i'm glad you don't see any either! I'll give them a try and update this thread in a few weeks (if I remember teehee.gif )

Thanks Michelle, I appreciate you pointing out the difference between the two smile.png. I'll send the company an email asking about the concentration of niacinamide.

1 person likes this

Been using them since I posted this...so far so good rolleyes.gif Think I found my new moisturizers! I also use Elta MD's Clear spf 46 suncreen...that is really good also