Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Kind Of Scars Are This? With Pics.

5 posts in this topic

So a few months ago i had some horrible acne breakout with nodules and cysts and I did not treat it but instead let time do its thing and now I am left with what I onsider rolling scarring or icepick. Can someone provide me any info on What I have considering that I also have marks. This pictures are taken under harsh lighting and with a retina display camera so it picks up every detail. Any suggestions, will dermarolling help? Is su vision my last hope? Of course I still suffer from acne but about in the future once I have my acne under control. Thanks!post-181739-0-13030100-1355368247_thumb.post-181739-0-68187500-1355368279_thumb.

Sorry for the pics for some reason they came out like this. Yes I still suffer with cystic acne but I'll rather take this than what I had before.

Totally get that you want to start treatment right away, but if they're just a couple of months old and you've still got active acne, I'd say that you should wait a little. Try to get the acne under control.

Your scars seem to be of the rolling and boxcar type. Might be a cuouple of icepicks as well, but the line between icepicks and boxcars is quite thin (As I've understood the definitions used by most derms, icepicks are usually confined to a single (large) sebaceous gland, but they both share the same main indication, which is the sharp edges). For now, I'd probably get on some Retin-A (or any other retinoid) to make sure those heal up as good as possible. Make sure to get a couple of second opinions though, so that you can decide for yourself ! ;)

So a few months ago i had some horrible acne breakout with nodules and cysts and I did not treat it but instead let time do its thing and now I am left with what I onsider rolling scarring or icepick. Can someone provide me any info on What I have considering that I also have marks. This pictures are taken under harsh lighting and with a retina display camera so it picks up every detail. Any suggestions, will dermarolling help? Is su vision my last hope? Of course I still suffer from acne but about in the future once I have my acne under control. Thanks!post-181739-0-13030100-1355368247_thumb.post-181739-0-68187500-1355368279_thumb.

Sorry for the pics for some reason they came out like this. Yes I still suffer with cystic acne but I'll rather take this than what I had before.

My scars are exactly like this. I have one deep/red huge one on my right cheek and scattered array of scars on my left, shallow ones that are all red so they look deep too. Although I just finished accutane, I would suggest exactly what the above says. Use retin-a to promote healing. and moisturize! moisturize! to provide a better environment to healing as well. I would try to clear your acne as much as possible and go for subcision and/or fillers and lasers (this board seems to have alot of good reviews with mixto laser, check it out esp cuz your skin is darker like mine...mine is olive) a good 6-12months after the scars developed. 90% of my scarring has occured in the past 6months (and also because I just finished accutane..i have to wait six months+ anyway)and I want to wait anoter 6-10months before I go for subcision/lasers/fillers. this gives your skin a good year to heal the scars you have and will give the dermatologist a better ide aon how to treat your scars. Scars generally take a year to heal, especially facial ones.

My scars are exactly like this. I have one deep/red huge one on my right cheek and scattered array of scars on my left, shallow ones that are all red so they look deep too. Although I just finished accutane, I would suggest exactly what the above says. Use retin-a to promote healing. and moisturize! moisturize! to provide a better environment to healing as well. I would try to clear your acne as much as possible and go for subcision and/or fillers and lasers (this board seems to have alot of good reviews with mixto laser, check it out esp cuz your skin is darker like mine...mine is olive) a good 6-12months after the scars developed. 90% of my scarring has occured in the past 6months (and also because I just finished accutane..i have to wait six months+ anyway)and I want to wait anoter 6-10months before I go for subcision/lasers/fillers. this gives your skin a good year to heal the scars you have and will give the dermatologist a better ide aon how to treat your scars. Scars generally take a year to heal, especially facial ones.