Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dairy & Acne. Timeframe?

7 posts in this topic

How long after cutting out dairy from your diet would you see improvement in your skin?

I am asking because I have made a few changes over the last few weeks. Like the cleanser I am using and the makeup I am wearing etc. Though the most recent change was cutting out dairy but its only been a week and I am seeing a big improvement. Though I'm not sure if it is actually cutting out dairy that is the reason for improvement. I'm not sure if its possible for a change to happen so fast?

I consumed no dairy whatsoever my freshman year in college and that was when my acne was at its absolute worst.

Foods to avoid: Meat, dairy, fruits, vegetables, grains, fats/sweets....

Crediblity-ending words: "Leaky Gut," "Tea Tree Oil," "toxins," "milk is meant for baby cows," "over-washing causes your skin to produce more oil," "mild soap," "green tea," "jojoba oil," "comedogenic," "veggies," "amazing," "creepy," "yummy," "regime," "stress"

Hi there , just letting you know my experience was a big improvement by week one in which no more cysts were sprouting , but try and give everything at least 2 months to know for sure and the slowly drop one thing at a time . For me no dairy was my end all be all cure , i am on month 5 and have been clear since i quit dairy - good luck :)

It depends if dairy is one of your main sources of sugar, and how well you digest it.

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

If it's an allergy for you, you will probably see improvements soon. But you may have other allergies that are still breaking you out, or you may be breaking out for other reasons, so it's difficult to tell. It takes some serious controlled experimentation to figure this stuff out.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil