Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melmel87

Blackheads That Never Go Away

2 posts in this topic

While I'm not breaking out in pimples, I always have blackheads where my pores are larger and they drive me nuts! I extract them then use a toner after I do, but they're back the next day, mainly on my nose. Could these just be a permanent part of my skin? They don't turn into pimples, they're just always there.

If they're back, literally the very next day, then I would assume they are sebaseous filaments, which everyone has, just some to a lesser or more extreme degree. I get them really bad, so bad that I convince myself they're blackheads, when they really aren't. They can resemble blackheads, but the real test is taking a step back from being so close to the mirror and taking a second opinion then. Blackheads are very obvious, they're larger than sebascous filaments, and the giveaway black head is evident. Where sebascous filaments tend to 'disappear' once you're about half a foot/a foot away from the mirror...because they're simply just a natural occurance that those of us obsessed with pores and blackheads tend to see as dismal pits of total horror....but other peope don't even notice.