Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Odd Question: How To Come Off Of Tretinoin?

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, after over a decade of using Tretinoin topical cream for acne, I wonder if I need to be using it anymore. After starting a low-carbohydrate diet about 3 months ago, I rarely get new zits. I still do have blackheads though, and I'd like to make those stop completely but not sure how.

I'm wondering if I should stop using this medication. If I were to stop using it, what would that do to me? How long would it take for my skin to normalize? What would the new normal be like? Would I have more oily skin than I do now? Would I start breaking out? Would I continue breaking out? It scares me to think about it but in a few years I plan on having children and I'll need to stop it anyway because I just read today that there is a risk that it will cause a fetus to get a birth defect.

How long does tretinoin stay in the body after discontinuing it's use?

Thanks guys.

- I have insulin resistance and high DHEA-S as indicated on my fasting insulin test and DHEA-S test.

- Acne clears up almost completely when low carbing.

- Quit Retin-A 0.05% and experienced no changes.

Hi guys, after over a decade of using Tretinoin topical cream for acne, I wonder if I need to be using it anymore. After starting a low-carbohydrate diet about 3 months ago, I rarely get new zits. I still do have blackheads though, and I'd like to make those stop completely but not sure how.

I'm wondering if I should stop using this medication. If I were to stop using it, what would that do to me? How long would it take for my skin to normalize? What would the new normal be like? Would I have more oily skin than I do now? Would I start breaking out? Would I continue breaking out? It scares me to think about it but in a few years I plan on having children and I'll need to stop it anyway because I just read today that there is a risk that it will cause a fetus to get a birth defect.

How long does tretinoin stay in the body after discontinuing it's use?

Thanks guys.