vitamin a probiotic oily skin

42 replies to this topic

#41 pr1nc355

pr1nc355

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

I suffer from very oily skin, my face gets oily 30mins after washing!

The only thing that has worked for me is Accutane. I can't be on it for the rest of my life. Hence I'm on this topic, I wish everyone luck in finding a solution for oily skin. X

#42 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

How about a probiotic in a high dose (10 bill to 30 bill)? It's been proven to reduce sebum content and inflammation. I've been using one for awhile and can attest to this. My skin used to be very oily and I'd get cysts and since I've been taking one daily I'm experiencing dry skin and haven't had a cyst since.

What brand of probiotics are you taking and what dosage?

I was using "Now probiotic 25 billion" I would only buy a kind that requires refrigeration if you are going to purchase some.

#43 Oilygirl1980

Oilygirl1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Saw palmetto-Took a while, but it helped. I also added fenugreek and stinging nettle. Not a huge difference. Girls-my northern ladyparts got bigger so that was nice. Not by much, just fuller. No complaints about that side effect. :)

Peppermint tea- I don't know if it was drinking a ton of this or cutting out pop, but it helped. I'm back to drinking pop, but only one every other day. I just couldn't hold out any longer. I like bubbles with my dinner. But I'm glad I went a couple months pop free. 

Lemon oil- worked like magic for me because it dried my skin out but not in a terrible way. But turns out I'm allergic to several plant and fruit based products. I can eat it, I just can't put it on my face. 

The most recent thing I did was simplify what I do to my face. I forced myself to eliminate all unnecessary steps. It was extremely hard but I'm past the adjustment phase. I just asked myself what was imperative to do and i came to the conclusion that I need to 1) clean it and 2) medicate it. No more toners, or masks, or moisturizers. And now I no longer blot. I'm still oily by the end of the day, but it's not nearly as bad as it was. Since I know oily skin comes from within, I believe the reason why this is working for me is because I'm not scraping off every last skin cell anymore. So my face "appears" less oily. I'll still work on finding the internal fix, but for now, I consider this a victory. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users