Summary Of The Solutions Proven To Work For Oily Skin

69 posts in this topic

Abstinence from orgasm is a proven way to cure oily skin.

Get out of this topic. Now. Don't bring this new-age nonsense here.

Here's what abstinence from orgasm has been proven to do: nothing.

Edited by FredTheBelgian
1 person likes this

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

^ Abstinence from orgasm makes you stressed out! and we all know what that does for our skin. Where do people get this idea? It always makes me smirk, but honestly, it's sad to think that girls out there might be finding another reason to feel bad about getting off because of this.

It's not true. So go, release some tension, and forget this myth!

1 person likes this

It will not do anything for your oily skin. Read the first post of this topic, all the scientifically proven solutions are there.

Supplements For Acne & Oily Skin: Fish oil, Zinc (30 mg), Vitamin A (25000 IU), Vitamin B5 (500 mg) 25000 IU of Vitamin D (twice a month)

do retinols and stuff not work for oily skin? i couldn't tolerate tretinoin cream as my skin is too sensitive and i never stopped breaking out. but i remember it took my skin to desert dry levels. even being off the cream two months my skin was still super dry. back then i was wishing i had my oily skin back because dry flaky skin felt so much worse.

Skin has been terrible since stopping Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control (breaking out constantly since Nov 2014). Hoping to start Accutane Fall of 2015.

No external treatments will effectively treat oily skin. It must be treated from the inside.

Of course, you can try and it will work to an extent, but all topical treatments are only a band-aid really.

i got out of accutane like 2-3 months ago,

was my second course but stopped suddenly cause i developped flushing which thanks god is mostly all gone now but left me with some redness on cheeks.

i also have oily skin, mostly forehead and nose/side of nose and bit of cheeks.

will it be safe for me to try vitamin A or B5 ?

edit; i dont really have pimples or breakout anymore, i do get the occasionnal pimples sometime.

Edited by 469dma

I am in the exact same boat 469dma, ive just came off my second accutane course 2-3 months ago. My oil levels are coming back and i feel that my spots will soon follow. Im taking Zinc, fish oils with vit a & d currently but if oils levels contain to increase and spots return ill have to try some antibiotics from my doc, anyone know if these helped?

High doses of Vitamin A from fish liver oil.

What do you mean by "high dose"? I'm thinking about taking 10,000 IU a day of fish liver oil vitamin A. I have oily skin that decreased with an updated skincare routine but it's still incredibly oily compared to others.

Is it safe to take 10,000 IU a day without physician supervision?

Will 10,000 IU a day even be effective?

When I say I have oily skin, I really do mean that every inch of my face gets slimy and my T-zone looks like melted butter.

I use 3 Clean & Clear Oil Blotting sheets in one sitting.

Abstinence from orgasm is a proven way to cure oily skin.

LOL! I really don't mean to put you down but ... that's a really illogical approach to oily skin. Humans were designed to reproduce which is why our sex hormones initiate sexual urges. Suppressing those feelings will almost certainly cause stress. This leads to more acne and more oil.

Edited by CyanMile

. So far I've only seen those solutions work :

[....]

Topical green tea-

Peppermint oil (safe for females only)

What do you mean by green tea and peppermint oil? They reduce the appearance of oil?

Im interested, please elaborate about usage, effect and ....of course some proof :)

Edited by lethivanlethivan

I've browsed all the hot topics of this forum and not much seems to really work to treat oily skin. So far I've only seen those solutions work :

- (low dose) Accutane
- High Doses of Vitamin A (Animal Form) [under the supervision of a qualified doctor]
- Vitamin B5 Megadoses (10 g a day)
- 500 mg Vitamin B5 combined with 500 mg carnitine

- Topical green tea
- Milk of magnesia (cosmetic effect)
- 1450 nm Diode Laser
- Hormonal treatments (only for females)
- Spironolactone (safe for females only)
- Peppermint oil (safe for females only)
- (Probiotics?)
- (More Fiber in Diet?)

Could someone add what I didn't mention, that really, and I insist really work for oily skin?

Hi
I went through most of these treatments over the years, 
Accutane= Works the best, not for long term though
High dose Vit A = Never went high dose enough, too many bone issues reported with this, can't risk it due to health.
Vit B5 megadose = Works for a while fantasticly then stops. Cycled this 5times, while it works it is good but it doesn't last and then doesn't work again in my experience. So had to give up on it.
b5 + Carnitine/Cysteine = Did not work 

Green tea topical =  i use it as a toner, unsure if it makes a big difference but nothing dramatic
MOM topical = Works'ish ON the surface. Alkaline lvl is off the charts so will mess up ur skin in a few weeks, started getting spots again after using it for a while. Not worth the effort imo.Plus it is only surface oils.
Diode laser = never tried this
hormonal/spiro/perppermint =  I am a guy so the most i have been on is Sawpalmetto+pumpkin seed for 3 weeks now, little difference so far. But i was on it a few months ago for 5 weeks before i ran out, it did normalise my super oily skin by week 5. Then i ran out of the stuff anf my oily skin returned. So will stick to it this time and report back.

As others have said, Oily skin must be treated from the inside, If u can treat urs from the outside effectively then ur lucky not to have super oily skin. Mine is so bad that my skin doesn't exfoliate properly anymore, its a glue for dead skin cells. When B5 used to work for me I started exfoliating properly again and it was amazing! A younger me emerged. But with super oily skin, nothing but internal treatment will do the trick. Gllycolics will not peel properly at all if u have super oils stopping it from exfoliating. 
Any of u guys had success with sawpalmetto? anyone lucky enough to use b5"longterm", what's ur secret to keep it working..mine stopped working then cycled it 5 further times, now no effect at all?
any other ideas plz share..  this oily skin has to stop

Everyone improving their diets increasing exercise cutting carbs, dairy etc..is all good, but ask the question why do sooo many other ppl have non oily skin, some are fat, skinny, tall short, have terrible diets, never seen the inside of a gym and yet they still don't have super oily skin?
Don't say genes! it is hormones, our's are out of control and ok yes because our genes made it so,lol. 
But the solution is one of these or a combo.. 

B5 megadoses (as long as it works for u, long term effect is unknown)
Sawpalmetto, or other dht inhibitor (Some research sais this is bad for men, other research advertises it specifically for men prostate health...who to believe)
Vitamin A (2015 research shows bone health issues)
Low dose Accutane (too many side effects for long term use, a laundry list full) 

Pick your Poison! They all have there problems unfortunatly, but which is the lesser evil?

Edited by OilyOneCanobe

i just wanted to mention that taking saw palmetto really messed up my hormones. my period cycle has always been regular in the past few years (24-26days).  when i started taking that supplement my skin got more and more dry and got more clear at the same time but i eventually broke out a week before my period - as usual. so i continued to take it for more than a month but my skin got more dry and more sensitive and i was feeling dizzy. around the next period i broke out in hormonal acne again so i stopped taking it. but ever since then my period cycle has been irregular - either too short like 21 days or too long - 29 days. it has been like this for more than 4 months now. 

On 12/10/2012 at 3:20 PM, melmel87 said:

How about a probiotic in a high dose (10 bill to 30 bill)? It's been proven to reduce sebum content and inflammation. I've been using one for awhile and can attest to this. My skin used to be very oily and I'd get cysts and since I've been taking one daily I'm experiencing dry skin and haven't had a cyst since.

wow. Can you give me rhe brand name?

I think u guys are missing a point here. The problem with  acne regarding sebum isnt the sebum or sebaceous glands itself
the problem is in the immature sebum cells that are produced in the gland and migrate upwards and out the pores and they start conditioning  the skin. These sebacytes get sticky and form plugs which oxidizes and  creates the acne atmosphere
Accutane for example, diminish the sebaceous glands only when you are taking it, after around 6 months off the medication your sebaceous glands get back to the normal state but how in the majority of cases there is a permanent improvement in acne or sometimes a complete remission?
Its because accutane can permanently decrease this "stickiness" caused by the immature sebacytes and no plugs are able to form anymore. Thats the main reason that explain accutane being so effective

but if the main concern  is sebum itself even accutane, the most potent drug is not a longterm solution for oil skin, because the sebaceous glands tend to comeback to their normal state
 There is nothing beside your own hormones that can control the oil production internally
i think the best we have today for oil skin is salicylic acid that penetrates the sebum and reduce the oilness significantly removing sebaceous hyperplasia and the stucked sebum from the skin keeping the skin clear
i think is the best topical solution for oil skin/acne/clogged pores we have today
unfortunately it cant stop the regualar oil production, only keep the stickness under control which is already a victory regarding what are our options today.
buy a 30% salicylic acid peel and do it weekly, is cheap and wonderful. 

Edited by De Rerum Natura

Psst sorry to butt in but I think its spearmint  rather than peppermint at least according tp what ive read.