2 replies to this topic

#1 oliviaa21

oliviaa21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi! Posted Image

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this whilst on accutane. I'm on day 6 and for a few days my face has been really red, the only way I can explain it is to say that I feel like ive been on holiday and burnt my face.

Does anyone know how to reduce the redness, any types of moisturiser that works best for being on accutane?

Also, if anyone knows any make up that works well for the dryness of skin as my skin was very dry even before I started taking it.

Thanks in advance!

#2 xjones

xjones

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

http://www.drugstore...pf-15/qxp139645

The only thing that really helps for red skin from Accutane. It's like a green make up (making you look less red) + moisturizer + SPF mixed together. I've been using it since first weeks (I'm on 0.5mg/kg dose, 8 months in, 1 month left) and it reduced the redness, but it's still there. You won't get rid of it until you get off Acutane.
Regarding moisturizers, you'll have to experiment with them and find the one that works for your skin. Cetaphil/Neutrogena worked for me in the beginning, but when I was like 2 months in I started using the classic Nivea as my skin wasn't that dry.

Good luck Posted Image

Edited by xjones, 16 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#3 blissbalance

blissbalance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm on month 4 of accutane @ 40mg and my face is REALLY red, mainly just my hyperpigmentation, but also my cheeks randomly are beginning to get red. I haven't done anything to cover up the redness, but I use the moisturizer from acne.org and it works well for me. Personally, Cetaphil products break out out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users