makeup spf moisturizer the regimen

1 reply to this topic

#1 paulinarae

paulinarae

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me
  • Interests:Cats, Film, Screenwriting (& other writing as well), Photography, Yoga, Eating Burgers, Consuming Alcohol, Lena Dunham

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hello!

So I've been on the regimen for about 2 months now using the acne.org products. Prior to the regimen I was wearing Neutragena Sport Face spf 70+ in addition to using Neutragena Oil Free Moisture - Sensitive Skin. While on the regimen, I have been avoiding sunscreen completely (unless I know I will be out in the sun for long periods of time.) And when I have used my spf 70 on top of the regimen acne.org products it makes my face extremely oily and then its impossible to put makeup on top of it!

So I was just wondering what other people are using for sun protection and what works well on top of the regimen & under makeup.

Edited by paulinarae, 11 December 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I successfully use Olay Complete Defense SPF 30, but as I have naturally dry skin I put on my moisturiser then a layer of Olay. Let it all soak in for 20 mins and then apply makeup if wearing any. I find it works well with the regimen. Everyone's skin is different though so its basically a trial and error exercise.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users