21 replies to this topic

#21 annetossy

annetossy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

I haven't posted in a REALLY long time. We're near Day 115...I think? I can't keep track of the days anymore.

There's only so many times I can say 'Peeling skin, peeling lips, etc' so that's why I haven't been posting. Not many changes. My skin is still looking great. I still get the occasional break out, but they're gone quicker, and much smaller then they used to be. So that's a plus. I'm in the middle of my fourth month now. So about 6 weeks left! I was supposed to be finished the first week in May, but because of missing pills a few times I'll be finished the second week now.

I can't wait!

No new symptoms, and the peeling skin seems to be not quite as bad as it was before. My lips are atrocious. So so so gross!

I think that's it for now. I'll post more updates soon. 6 MORE WEEKS!

#22 annetossy

annetossy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I finished my Accutane treatment on Wednesday!!

To say I'm happy would be an understatement. I am so thrilled with the results! It was a 5 month course, starting December 4th and ending May 8th (I finished a few days late because of forgetting pills occasionally). This was the longest/fastest 5 months of my life.

A recap of my bad side effects and good side effects throughout treatment:

Bad-

Peeling lips

Peeling skin

Occasional nose bleeds

Occasional eczema spots

Initial breakout

Black heads (in the beginning)

Good-

No acne!!!!

Face less oily

Hair less oily

The past month I haven't had any large spots on my face. Just the occasional pimple (with no white-head). The pimples are weird, not like what I'm used to! I think it's still stuff just being cleaned out of my pores. Gross.

My number one concern is my acne coming back after going off birth control. I can go off birth control 30 days after my last pill. I'm terrified of what my face/neck/chest/back will look like. I'm hoping the Accutane will continue to work. I'm ok with having breakouts like a normal person, but I am NOT ok with breaking out like I used to pre-birth control days.

I'll continue to give updates on what my skin is doing, but for now I'll leave you with a picture of my skin yesterday. This is with no make-up (besides mascara), no filter, natural daylight. I am so happy! Let's hope it stays this way :)

photo1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users