acneman21293

Help Face Stinging So Bad I Can't Sleep

7 posts in this topic

The regimen never really gives me trouble but when I incorporate jojoba oil it tends to sting. Well tonight after I added 3 drops for my chin acne my face is absolutely on fire! I can't decide whether to watch off all the treatment to make it feel better or suck it up. Washing off bp right after I apply it seems to always leave the skin red and irritated. Please help me someone this is a nightmare. I've about had it with this

I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to jojoba oil.

Do u use a fan when you dry up ur regimen? Cuz when i apply the treatment and moisturizer it stings also. But it goes away when i use a fan. But im not allergic to jojoba oil (that i know of). If my face is super dry i use more jojoba oil instead. Hehhee... I fan around 10 minutes or when the moisturizer gets absorbed..

Started using acne.org regimen on Dec 25 1012

The regimen never really gives me trouble but when I incorporate jojoba oil it tends to sting. Well tonight after I added 3 drops for my chin acne my face is absolutely on fire! I can't decide whether to watch off all the treatment to make it feel better or suck it up. Washing off bp right after I apply it seems to always leave the skin red and irritated. Please help me someone this is a nightmare. I've about had it with this

I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to jojoba oil.

Maybe not an allergy, but possibly irritant contact dermatitis. It would be a very good idea to discontinue jojoba oil.

I had some stinging issues before, although I don't think it was from the jojoba oil, I would just wash it off with cold water & take a day or half day off applying the regimen & it me helped a lot!

If you think or know its the jojoba oil stop using it & try just using a moisturizer without jojoba oil. Good luck!

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I was allergic to the BP when I tried the regimen. Anything that uncomfortable is NOT good. I would've washed off and just went without treatment that night. No need to suffer needlessly... I would not recommend using again!! See a derm if the Regiment doesn't work for you. Thats what I eventually had to do..

The pain eventually was bearable enough so that I could sleep but my skin felt so weird this morning and is beet red from the reaction. The jojoba oil broke me out a little too. My skin is has dry as can be, red, and a little broken out. Don't think I've every been this depressed about my skin.

Acneman, are you into the 2nd/3rd week of the regimen? If you are, I'm afraid that this is a perfectly normal reaction for many people. As your skin adjusts to the BP it will become less red, dry and irritated.

I would suggest leaving jojoba oil alone and use cetaphil moisturiser for a couple of weeks. This is a thick and greasy moisturiser (so be prepared) but it will help to sooth and moisturise your skin while you adjust to BP. Once your skin is adjusted a bit more, switch back to Dan's moisturiser and jojoba oil as I found that is the combination that really got me clear.

Good luck!

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo. I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month. I can live with that

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry. In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.