Photo

Hormonal Acne On Guys? (Breakout All Over Chin And Jawline)

hormonal guys men chin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

^ Wow...you know more than all the dermatologists and scientists in the world. Congrats! Why can't you just answer some simple questions? Even though you classify it as advice, you're making some pretty bold claims that scream for some explanation. I think those questions are valid and if you think acne can be easily "cured" and your method works, it shouldn't be too hard to explain the details behind your science.

#22 overfl00d

overfl00d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

^ Wow...you know more than all the dermatologists and scientists in the world. Congrats! Why can't you just answer some simple questions? Even though you classify it as advice, you're making some pretty bold claims that scream for some explanation. I think those questions are valid and if you think acne can be easily "cured" and your method works, it shouldn't be too hard to explain the details behind your science.

I would actually say I do know more than most dermatologists! Dermatologists ONLY mask the symptom and not cure the cause. All they can do is prescribe drugs, chemicals, or antibiotics. None of them offer nutritional advice, because that's not what they're trained to do. (Albeit I'm sure their are a few rare good ones)

If someone is interested with my advice, they can research online and look up the evidence themselves. I am not trying to convince anyone; just giving my own opinions and advice. I'd be happy to re-look up the facts myself and provide links if someone genuinely was interested and needed help. But I'm not going to respond to whiny posts who obviously aren't seeking help.

Like I said, I'm only offering my own opinions and advice. If anyone genuinely wants my help to point them towards documents I gladly will if they ask nicely in a PM.

#23 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I would actually say I do know more than most dermatologists! Dermatologists ONLY mask the symptom and not cure the cause. All they can do is prescribe drugs, chemicals, or antibiotics. None of them offer nutritional advice, because that's not what they're trained to do. (Albeit I'm sure their are a few rare good ones)

If someone is interested with my advice, they can research online and look up the evidence themselves. I am not trying to convince anyone; just giving my own opinions and advice. I'd be happy to re-look up the facts myself and provide links if someone genuinely was interested and needed help. But I'm not going to respond to whiny posts who obviously aren't seeking help.

Like I said, I'm only offering my own opinions and advice. If anyone genuinely wants my help to point them towards documents I gladly will if they ask nicely in a PM.

I'm not saying you don't know anything, but more than dermatologists and scientists? Obviously, they don't address the cause, because there is no single cause for acne, nor a single solution. I think it's great that you're putting your time into trying to help people, but I definitely understand the skepticism as well I think the questions aren't unjustified at all, and even though Michelle Reece isn't asking for advice herself, she's trying to help others (the OP in this case, and people who read this) by asking these questions. Calling her a troll just because she's questioning your logic is unnecessary, don't you think?

You're saying that "acne is very easily curable through diet change, life changes, and supplementation". I am genuinely interested in the science behind your ideas and methods, so please post links to the documents. We can only learn from them (even though I'm pretty sure some people (including me) will still be critics). At least we'll know the sources, we can all make up our own minds then. And who knows, discussing them may even change your own views on some points.

#24 overfl00d

overfl00d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm not saying you don't know anything, but more than dermatologists and scientists? Obviously, they don't address the cause, because there is no single cause for acne, nor a single solution. I think it's great that you're putting your time into trying to help people, but I definitely understand the skepticism as well I think the questions aren't unjustified at all, and even though Michelle Reece isn't asking for advice herself, she's trying to help others (the OP in this case, and people who read this) by asking these questions. Calling her a troll just because she's questioning your logic is unnecessary, don't you think?

You're saying that "acne is very easily curable through diet change, life changes, and supplementation". I am genuinely interested in the science behind your ideas and methods, so please post links to the documents. We can only learn from them (even though I'm pretty sure some people (including me) will still be critics). At least we'll know the sources, we can all make up our own minds then. And who knows, discussing them may even change your own views on some points.

How can you say there is no single cause of acne? You are certain of that? That question could be perceived in different ways: One could say the single cause of acne is bad health. But the causes of acne are, for the most part, indeed known - Contrary to what mainstream dermatologists and GP's will say.

Like I told Michelle, she's not being helpful by just asking for documents for every piece of advice I give. If she was helpful, she would be giving her opinions about the subject, and providing her evidence - Such as any counter-claim evidence. She very much is trolling whether she realizes it or not. If her motives, as you say, are to inspire critical thinking there are much better ways to communicate that. I do agree that people should question and research everything they read.

As I mentioned, if you're interested in more info, send me a PM. I have files of documents/audio/lectures that can't be posted here.

Edited by overfl00d, 10 December 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#25 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

How can you say there is no single cause of acne? You are certain of that? That question could be perceived in different ways: One could say the single cause of acne is bad health. But the causes of acne are, for the most part, indeed known - Contrary to what mainstream dermatologists and GP's will say.

Like I told Michelle, she's not being helpful by just asking for documents for every piece of advice I give. If she was helpful, she would be giving her opinions about the subject, and providing her evidence - Such as any counter-claim evidence. She very much is trolling whether she realizes it or not. If her motives, as you say, are to inspire critical thinking there are much better ways to communicate that. I do agree that people should question and research everything they read.

As I mentioned, if you're interested in more info, send me a PM. I have files of documents/audio/lectures that can't be posted here.

How can I say there’s no single cause for acne? Well, by simply typing it :P One could indeed say that the single cause for acne is bad health, but "bad health" is too generic. Some of the processes that lead to acne are known, but why these processes lead to acne in one person but not in another is unknown. If bad health was the cause for acne, then everybody with bad health would have acne. And that’s not the case, for again: it’s too generic.

We have to agree to disagree on Michelle being a troll (not to mention that calling someone a troll isn’t very nice to begin with). I think the questions are valid. As tim12 said more or less, if you say that the OP’s type of acne is easily curable (which is a claim, not advice), you’d better provide some decent evidence for it. I don’t think it’s fair to ask for counter-evidence from people who haven’t made such bold claims. Obviously, you’ve researched the subject, so it would be a lot easier to provide the research that your claim is based on, instead of letting people in limbo. Michelle is only trying to separate the wheat from the chaff imo. Don’t feel attacked, ok? If your evidence is solid, then no one will question it.

I’ll send you a PM, maybe I can post those documents here or on another website.

#26 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

I am a 29 year old woman and have run the gauntlet of treatments. I have severe acne conglobata. It got so bad in a matter of 7 days that I was hospitalized. I feel hurt that it is being assumed that I would rather poison myself than try to change my diet and supplement plan. As I said before, I HAVE been eating organic, non-processed, HEALTHY, premium foods...for years! I'm open to hearing out the purported internal causes for acne, because I am desperately searching for an explanation and a cure! I consider myself well-educated and feel it is healthy to weigh all sides of an argument like AKL is suggesting. I always try to research and ask questions before putting anything into my body or going onto a treatment plan. I don't even like to take IB profen unless I have to!

I am not saying that the claims of an internal cause and cure for acne are wrong. I'm simply stating that just like accutane isn't a fit for everyone, neither is a homeopathic diet. For me eating healthy and exercise hasn't (and still isn't) working to cure my acne. For others, perhaps medications are not a feasible option. I just please ask that we all learn to respect the opinions and decisions of others going through this physically and emotionallly taxing battle with acne without attacking and frightening those of us who are attempted to select a treatment plan that we feel is the best option for us. Most of us are intelligent people who have tried to weigh all of our options before selecting a plan that we feel will allow us to heal and eventually attain fuller lives, free from the constant pain and fear of social ostracization that many with severe acne face on a daily basis.

I take accutane, not because I am stupid or brainwashed or want to induce poison into my system. I take it because I want to lay my face on a pillow at night and not wake up in the morning to find it covered in blood and pus, my face throbbing and itchy, stuck to the fibers. I take it because I get tired of explaining my situation to curious children who mean no harm, but whose questions still cut like a knife. I take it so that I can eat and laugh without stabbing pains as pustules crack open and begin the vicious cycle of draining, crusting, and re-inflamming themselves all over again. I take it so I can comfortably go out in public and do the simple things most people take for granted, like grocery shopping or seeing a movie without fear of running into someone I know or catching a stranger staring or whispering at me when, for a breif moment, I've forgotten to focus on covering up my face as best I can with my long hair.

I'm not trying to poison myself, I'm trusting medical doctors who have spent over a decade in medical school to help guide me into to making the choice that is right for MY individual body. I am trusting the FDA to provide me with a drug that meets their quality standards. I do it because I so desperately what to regain my sense of identity again. I want to live, love, and laugh like I used to. I'm tired of a swollen face! When I look in the mirror, I simply want to see ME looking back!

I hope what I have said does not offend any others. Like I mentioned before, I just want to explain why I have chosen to go down the path that I am on and take a drug like accutane that does have a long list of potentially harmful side effects. I am glad that a moderator has become involved in this thread to help calm down the vitriol a bit. I wish all the others suffering with severe, persistent acne the best of luck and hope you will find the path that will lead you to ultimate success in battling the demon that is acne! Remember in the end to ask questions and stay informed to ensure that you are ultimately doing what you feel is right and what makes you most comfortable and confident. Good luck to all suffering from this condition and seeking answers and hope in moving forward!!

Edited by Brownilocks, 11 December 2012 - 01:23 AM.