pain severe acne cysts cyst nodules

24 replies to this topic

#21 Quetzlcoatl

Quetzlcoatl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hey if you have acne mostly around your mouth that sounds like it could be perioral dermatitis. If you used a fluoride toothpaste, you could be suffering from a sensitivity. Get a new toothpaste, something mild and natural, like Burt's Bees or something, without fluoride in it.

Do that for a few weeks. Yes, weeks, and I would also leave it alone - try not to apply too much stuff to it, if it really is perioral dermatitis topicals could be making it worse.

Oooh and I just read that you're on accutane. Well, might as well change your toothpaste anyway. Accutane has the potential to be horrifically destructive. It's used in some chemotherapies because it destroys stem cells in the gut. I hope you don't suffer side effects :(

#22 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hey, yeah mine is definitely severe cystic acne. Its not small bumps, it is large painful cysts. I avoided accutane like the plague for years out of fear. Been on it 4 months now and about to start the 5th and its slowly getting better. No bad side effects thus far other than the normal dry skin, lips, nose like everyone else seems to get for those who are fearful are considering it but fearful like I used to be.

#23 eveaguilar

eveaguilar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

Guys! :'( Please please help me. My acne is in so severe pain! I feel like I'm dying! My face is so swolen all around and throbbing and constantly oozing! :'( I'm so hopeless!!! :((

Edited by eveaguilar, 30 October 2013 - 04:10 AM.

#24 MoonlitRiver

MoonlitRiver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

Guys! :'( Please please help me. My acne is in so severe pain! I feel like I'm dying! My face is so swolen all around and throbbing and constantly oozing! :'( I'm so hopeless!!! sad.png(

Mine was like this early in the summer and it is thoroughly miserable. If you haven't already done so then you must go and see a doctor or a dermatologist and get yourself on antibiotics because that was the only thing that could get my acne under control when it got as bad as this. Best of luck and hang in there! It will get better!

#25 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

Guys! :'( Please please help me. My acne is in so severe pain! I feel like I'm dying! My face is so swolen all around and throbbing and constantly oozing! :'( I'm so hopeless!!! sad.png(

Get some cortisone injection and look into accutane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users