Photo

White Pustules Around Mouth/nose. Pictures Included.

pustules pus

1 reply to this topic

#1 t0m

t0m

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi,

Pictures here!

I seem to just get horrible white pustules come and go around my mouth area and in the corners of my nose. I have been to the doctors 7 or 8 times in the last year trying to get rid of this.

They have told me they think it could be a number of things. A bacterial infection, folliculitis, mild acne. I have been on Fluloxacillin (sp?) twice for 2 week period first (which very almost cleared it up fully), then a further 2 week period with little effect. I was then put on oxytetracycline, was on that for a long period with little effect and now they have put me in lymecycline.

I take my medication religiously and have tried many topical treatments.

Does anybody else have something similar, what can I try? I know its not as bad as a lot of peoples on here, but it really affects me as its right on the lip line in a lot of cases.

Thanks.

#2 grubby456

grubby456

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I have the EXACT same things as you, the only thing that has worked for me is benzoyl peroxide, it get rid of bumps 100% but redness remains (better than nothing)

update if you have found something, apparently hibiclens could be our answer (haven't tried yet)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users