Photo

Starting Accutane! 22/f

accutane oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 Aballarina

Aballarina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Day 25. - the redness in my face has gone down a bit. Looks maybe a bit smoother? Ib is now consisting of a white head every day pretty much. And I just dont hVe the guts to pop them. But they do go away after a day or so. My skin isn't oily at all Anymore.. Soo nice! And my hair as well. I'm getting flaking on my chin and forehead, as they where the first spots to dry out. Im actually sick with a sore throat, which kinda sucks when your soo thirsty from accutane lol. Back pain isn't as bad anymore. Hopefully this ib will be gone soon :( not much else to report on side effects. Going for my blood test Wednesday soo hopefully all is well :)

#22 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Keep pushing through and its good you're not popping! I have trouble not picking at mine and whenever I do they get worse and/or spread... I'm only a little ahead (day 32) and waiting to get my blood work back so I can start month 2.. Probably going to have to go a week without meds since the holidays are screwing everything up, but doc says its fine. Hope we will both start to see some results soon! I'm still getting zits too, but they are smaller and less sore than the worst of the IB around week 2 and 3. I'm loving the dry hair too (used to wash daily or twice daily in the summer now once every 3 days or so) and dry skin is better than oily any day in my book, especially if it means these meds are going to work!

#23 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

hey, any updates??

#24 Aballarina

Aballarina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hey :) today is day.. 28 or 29 I haven't looked at my pills yet. My ib I think is done, no new spots since my last post! Skin is pretty dry. My back pain actually Isnt So bad anymore. Dry eyes have gone away too. The only side effects I am currently experiencing are dry lips an dry skin

#25 JDW

JDW

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hey, you mentioned that you had redness as a side effect earlier, does that mean that's gone away as well?

#26 Aballarina

Aballarina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

It's a little "pink" I gues you could say. Nothing to really be upset about. When I first started I had these red cheeks that looked like a sunburn. It went away now I think my face calmed down a bit. I will be posting some pics from the last month on wednesday so hopefully that'll clarify what I mean :)

#27 user101

user101

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hey Aballarina, did you clear your blood tests?, and are you still thirsty?

#28 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

i am glad to see you are doing well. are you still sick? i hope you are feeling better now. take it easy!

#29 Aballarina

Aballarina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yes I did :) I'm staying anther month on 40 because I was sick and didn't wanna deal with the added side effects at the same time lol
Lips are still dry n cracking. Ugh lol
No new actives for a while now :)
Skin is actually not that dry.. It feels like perfect. Just a bit dry around my chin and sides of my face.
Back aches have stopped hurting as much. Dot really have many symptoms as well, honestly wouldn't remember to take my pill of it wasnt for the giant sticky I put on my work desk! Lol besides that, I am all good this month so far :) good luck to anyone else on it!
Tracy, did you go to that other derm last
Week?!!:)

#30 Brownilocks

Brownilocks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Glad to hear you are starting to do better! I'm still breaking out at day 48, though less severely. :( Have you tried vaseline on your lips at night? It helps mine a little more and I use it for dry nose as well. I use Dr. Dan's on my lips during the day and it helps a lot as well, though I'm convinced its impossible to get rid of the flakiness completely... Good luck!!

#31 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

hey how are you doing now? is your skin still pretty good?