raw honey mask oily skin

1 reply to this topic

#1 slowpoke

slowpoke

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I've read around and I know that I'm supposed to use raw honey for a face mask. So, I went out to the store and bought two different ones because I didn't know which one I am supposed to use... I'm not even sure if one of them is "raw" honey because it says "100% Pure Raw Natural...Honey" and apparently there is a difference between pure honey and raw honey. So, here's a picture of the two:

http://s18.postimage...5_06_48_128.jpg

Here's a picture of the RAW UNFILTERED HONEY:

http://s18.postimage...5_07_08_444.jpg

Finally, here's a picture of the 100% PURE RAW NATURAL HONEY

http://s18.postimage...5_07_34_478.jpg

...so which one do I use? The raw unfiltered honey seems to be kind of cloudy and solid to the touch, but maybe that's just the top layer... I've never boughten raw unfiltered honey so I'm unsure as to what I'm supposed to do with it. I assume I just scoop it out and smear it all over my face. Any help would be appreciated Posted Image. Thank you!

Edited by slowpoke, 06 December 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#2 JWaltersRN

JWaltersRN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Use the Raw Unfiltered Natural honey on the left of the 1st pic. It supposed to be thicker, kinda like very soft wax. It hasn't been melted and processed so all the lovely nutrients are in there. Plus, it's less runny, so it doesn't make such a mess.

The other honey, the kind you can see through, will work in a pinch but isn't optimal.

Sometimes I use the honey plain, or if I want some lightening for my PIH I mix in Cinnamon, nutmeg and a tiny bit of pure lemon juice. Slap it on ( I use a paint brush) for about 20-30 minutes, and rinse off (Dont rub unless you want the cinnamon to exfoliate!)

Also, Mix some raw honey with Castor oil, Olive oil or Grapeseed oil, put on your hair (damp) and let sit for a couple hours. You wont believe how soft and Shiny it is!!!

Edited by JWaltersRN, 14 December 2012 - 03:39 PM.

30 years old
Caucasian Female
Medium Skin Tone
Cystic and Superficial Acne, Whiteheads, Pustules, Blackheads and clogged pores: OH MY!
Severe hyperpigmentation to cheeks and chin

Morning[/]
OCM: 70% Castor Oil, 30% Hemp seed oil, 5 drops Lavender EO (started 11/1/12)
Moisturize with Hemp oil or Say Yes to Carrots SPF 15 moisturizer

Night
OCM: 70% Castor Oil, 30% Hemp seed oil, 5 drops Lavender EO

200mg Spironolactone (started 12/19/12)
Differin .1%
Hemp oil or Emu oil for moisture

Weekly

20% Salicylic Acid Peel (once per week)
Manuka Honey after peel 

Manuka Honey and ginger once per week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users