Photo

When You Feel Like You've Tried Everything.

acne and dairy acne and nutrition supplements acne supplements acne and diet vitamin vitamins gluten candida probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#41 scampb22

scampb22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Beans contain fiber and resistant starch which are fermented by intestinal bacteria into fatty acids which are extremely beneficial to the intestines. If I'm not mistaken, people with digestive issues and damage will actually benefit from intake of beans. You can buy beans in bulk and soak them yourself.

Sorry, but you are wrong. I realize you have good intentions, but this is completely false. Beans contain anti-nutrients which damage the digestive track and harm people with leaky gut and other damaged digestive issues. Believe me, I know. I was healthy and had clear skin and thought I could eat foods like beans again. After including beans in my diet everyday for months, my digestive track was completely destroyed again. My severe cystic acne came back. I saw it happening over a long period of time and ignored it because I kept telling myself "beans are healthy, beans are healthy."

Beans are healthy in moderation for people without any digestive damage. But they are as bad as gluten and soy and other such foods when it comes to being a regular part of the diet for anyone with gut/acne issues. The fiber thing is a myth. People with damaged guts need less fiber if anything, not more.

I realize you're just trying to help, but understand some of us have been suffering with this condition (and researching/learning about it) for over 10 years. I am one of them.

ns everyday and they actually support the colon. Beans contain fiber and resistant starch which are fermented by intestinal bacteria into fatty acids which are extremely beneficial to the intestines. If I'm not mistaken, people with digestive issues and damage will actually benefit from intake of beans. You can buy beans in bulk and soak them yourself.

No, people with digestive tract issues should avoid all difficult to digest foods i.e. seeds while consuming healing, easy to digest foods one of the best being bone broths rich in the nutrients from the connective tissues. Also, mucilaginous plant foods such as okra, cactus, purslane, etc.

And not can, should buy beans in bulk and soak/ferment/sprout and then cook properly yourself. You cannot trust commercial producers to have done so. If you are going to eat them, make sure you do everything you can to reduce the anti-nutrients. That also includes consuming them with foods high in the glyconutrients that bind up the anti-nutrients. That applies to grains as well. And ideally you do the same to nuts and seeds. (and this is coming from someone who eats beans regularly)

Get your prebiotic fiber and resistant starch from sweet potatoes, jicama, and similar tubers, broccoli, onions, plantains, not-too-ripe bananas, organic apples with skin, etc.

I don't know much about leaky gut/serious gut issues, I've only heard about them from customers who come in! It sounds absolutely horrible though, thanks for shedding light the topic, I'm definitely not versed at all on the subject; that's why I said 'if I'm not mistaken'. Thank you gals for your knowledge! :)