Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second Course Of Accutane Month 5 And Another Ingrown Toenail

6 posts in this topic

first ingrown toenail-month 3 and it got sorted out with antibiotics now month 5 and i am faced with another one on my right foot- went to nurse and he gave antibiotics- hopefully this will sort it out. But could accutane be causing this??

Your not the only person this happened too. I had multiple ingrown toe nails while I was on tane. So did a friend of mine. I think it is because you don't heal normally while taking accutane why they are reoccurring. The first one may have been a fluke and have nothing to do with accutane. But I do believe they come back because we just don't heal the same while taking accutane. I had mine removed by a podiatrist and the thing still came back..

Your not the only person this happened too. I had multiple ingrown toe nails while I was on tane. So did a friend of mine. I think it is because you don't heal normally while taking accutane why they are reoccurring. The first one may have been a fluke and have nothing to do with accutane. But I do believe they come back because we just don't heal the same while taking accutane. I had mine removed by a podiatrist and the thing still came back..

After your accutane finished did you still get them?

After your accutane finished did you still get them?

Yeah, getting the nail removed is very painful too! I hope the pain goes away soon and hopefully with your accutane course coming to a end the ingrowns will stop too! Best of luck!