dairy foods diet

5 replies to this topic

#1 nadiaXedge

nadiaXedge

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

i consume alot of dairy especially cheese I LOVE CHEESE. does dairy play a big part of my diet and acne???

#2 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

i consume alot of dairy especially cheese I LOVE CHEESE. does dairy play a big part of my diet and acne???

That is debatable at best. Some people say it affects their acne, others say it don't

However humans really shouldn't consume dairy just for general health. We are not designed for dairy. Cows should drink cows milk, not humans lol.

Dairy causes all kinds of hell in the body. Hormonally it can mess you up pretty good especially of how the milk is processed or how the cows are fed.
Formerly Nicky D

If you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything

#3 Nyla

Nyla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Fashion, good food, cats, video games, music.. the usual stuff :-)

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

hmm i'm not the hugest fan of any kind of milk, but i like to drink it occasionally. but i have a HUGE weakness for cheese :( i don't think it affects my skin at all though.

#4 royalty

royalty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Depends on person, but fact is that alot of people are allergic or sensitiv to lactose!

#5 onlyskindeep

onlyskindeep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

My own expierence with cheese is it does give me acne. Bad acne. How do I know this, because I gave up dairy ESPECIALLY cheese 6 years ago and have been clear since. throughout these 6 years when on very RARE occasions i unknowingly ingested cheese, and didnt know until AFTER the fact, I got back my old acne. Again, this is MY expierence only.

Edited by onlyskindeep, 04 December 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#6 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

We can't tell you that. But there are many ways that dairy negatively affects acne. You need to try avoiding it completely to test. And don't drink milk, especially the pasteurized milk sold in your supermarket.. Fermentation reduces many of the negatives.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users