Photo

Does The Thought Of Your Acne Cross Your Mind At Inappropriate Times?

crying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 adhpn7

adhpn7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Wow, Well. I officially hate acne.
Does your acne ever cross your mind during inappropriate times like.. during sex? during a conversation, or maybe during your class presentation?
Well, It happened to me. I was in Sociology presenting my presentation about the Self Looking Glass Self theory and BDD when all of a sudden the thought of my acne instantly zoomed into my mind. Before I could swat it out and continue with my speech, the thought stopped me mid sentance when I was speaking. I completley forgot what I was talking about, I totally zoned out, and I began studdering. SOOO AWKWARD. I had to pause for like 15 seconds and then stupidly move to the next slide!
It didn't help that I cried immediatley after my presentation and the whole class was staring at me..
Stupid acne..

#2 blissbalance

blissbalance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Pretty much all day when I am at school. It rarely leaves my mind. I can feel the soreness of my skin which doesn't help at all :/
The thought of my acne prevents me from having a normal conversation from somebody, I don't really look people in the eye any more and I get nervous and just feel poopy sometimes. It definitely for me depends on the time of the month. Like today, I felt a little bit better. Damn those female hormones and all that stuff :/

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser

Paula's Choice 2% liquid BHA mixed with Paula's Choice vitamin C serum

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

Paula's Choice SPF 30 sunscreen (physical sunscreen, do not use chemical sunscreen on the face, more likely to break out)

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

1x per week: chemical peel (40% lactic acid or 30% glycolic acid)

Be hopeful and grateful at all times! Sunscreen is my BFF.

I looooove make up. You should never break out from your make up.

Your skin care products should be your base, most of it being absorbed into the skin. Make up is designed to sit on top of the skin.

#3 adhpn7

adhpn7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Pretty much all day when I am at school. It rarely leaves my mind. I can feel the soreness of my skin which doesn't help at all :/
The thought of my acne prevents me from having a normal conversation from somebody, I don't really look people in the eye any more and I get nervous and just feel poopy sometimes. It definitely for me depends on the time of the month. Like today, I felt a little bit better. Damn those female hormones and all that stuff :/

Ugh that's what got me!! I felt it on my skin. I totally relate to you with looking people in the eyes, it can be super terrifying! and haha, maybe that's why I'm so emotional latley.. it could be that time of the month soon D:

#4 blissbalance

blissbalance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ugh that's what got me!! I felt it on my skin. I totally relate to you with looking people in the eyes, it can be super terrifying! and haha, maybe that's why I'm so emotional latley.. it could be that time of the month soon D:

It's horrible how acne rarely leaves your mind :/ I only feel at ease when I'm around my family, because they've grown up with you and not just seen you at school when you've always had acne. Yes, I'm sure the time of the month is responsible for MANY of our actions, thoughts and feelings! Posted Image

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

Paula's Choice SPF 30 sunscreen (physical sunscreen, do not use chemical sunscreen on the face, more likely to break out)

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

Your skin care products should be your base, most of it being absorbed into the skin. Make up is designed to sit on top of the skin.

#5 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Does your acne ever cross your mind during inappropriate times like.. during sex? during a conversation, or maybe during your class presentation?
Well, It happened to me. I was in Sociology presenting my presentation about the Self Looking Glass Self theory and BDD when all of a sudden the thought of my acne instantly zoomed into my mind. Before I could swat it out and continue with my speech, the thought stopped me mid sentance when I was speaking. I completley forgot what I was talking about, I totally zoned out, and I began studdering. SOOO AWKWARD. I had to pause for like 15 seconds and then stupidly move to the next slide!
It didn't help that I cried immediatley after my presentation and the whole class was staring at me..
Stupid acne..

Definitely i can relate to you 100 % .
I find myself thinking about my darn acne during class, while talking to my peers and during presentations as well. It deliberately drives my focus away from whatever subject the instructor is talking about to acne, to my skin, if i have a new pimple etc. It's insane. Also, i find that i am constantly picking at my face without being aware of it. I probably look like fool carving into my skin with my nails haha !!! So you are not the only one girl, i am positive that many of the .org users can relate.
Sociology class :) what a wonderful class !! I enjoy all the functionalist and conflict theorists input. && the self-looking glass theory by Cooley i believe. I think your presentation would have been interesting and i wouldn't have noticed your acne. I find myself always befriending people with skin problems not that i exclude people with flawless skin. Its just I like to make people with skin disorders feel comfortable about themselves so that their level of self worth increases. Despite of my own insecurities i like to make others and myself imagine that someone sees our appearance as neat and attractive as opposed to disheveled and ugly. I totally went off topic hahaaaa :)

#6 blissbalance

blissbalance

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Stupid acne..

Definitely i can relate to you 100 % .
I find myself thinking about my darn acne during class, while talking to my peers and during presentations as well. It deliberately drives my focus away from whatever subject the instructor is talking about to acne, to my skin, if i have a new pimple etc. It's insane. Also, i find that i am constantly picking at my face without being aware of it. I probably look like fool carving into my skin with my nails haha !!! So you are not the only one girl, i am positive that many of the .org users can relate.
Sociology class Posted Image what a wonderful class !! I enjoy all the functionalist and conflict theorists input. && the self-looking glass theory by Cooley i believe. I think your presentation would have been interesting and i wouldn't have noticed your acne. I find myself always befriending people with skin problems not that i exclude people with flawless skin. Its just I like to make people with skin disorders feel comfortable about themselves so that their level of self worth increases. Despite of my own insecurities i like to make others and myself imagine that someone sees our appearance as neat and attractive as opposed to disheveled and ugly. I totally went off topic hahaaaa Posted Image

I find it a lot easier to befriend people with skin issues. It's not that you think they're ugly, but you definitely feel more relatable and more comfortable around then.

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

Acne.org BP

Acne.org moisturizer

#7 fatalbert911

fatalbert911

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

No not at an inappropriate time, but mostly just all the time...

#8 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Yes i can relate to this in both ways. What i mean is that when people are close in the personal space bubble, i sometimes tend to think about it. Or if someone is of authority or noble status then yes i would say i would feel inferior and less of a person.

Or sometimes i provoke the thought myself inorder to "last longer" if you get what im saying. Hey, it works, no judgement.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#9 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I can relate 100%, I basically think about it constantly and base decisions around the status of my skin. It's really pathetic.
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#10 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I can relate 100%, I basically think about it constantly and base decisions around the status of my skin. It's really pathetic.

I do the same thing! Decisions based on the status of my skin. Like, going out, scheduling hair appointments, etc.

But yes, I have thought about my acne during inappropriate times. For example, my boyfriend would want to take showers with me, but of course, the makeup might wash off...so...if we were to go into the shower, I'd be thinking about it the whole time without being able to enjoy it :(

#11 MissSac17

MissSac17

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 155
About Me

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I do too and I try not too. There are days at college when Im sitting with the people in my class and we are having a conversation il think about it, it's like what I really want to do is express how Im feeling to them, I think thats why it keeps coming up. Maybe I feel that if I talk about my acne openly to them I would feel more confident, just even something like "Im having such a bad skin today and just want to stay in bed".

I remember recently all I wanted to do, infact I still do, is stand up high..so high and shout to the world (or my town) that "I have acne, and if you don't like that or think that its disgusting or whatever then fuck you, I am who I am" -- it just sounds so dramatic and empowering. I know if I spoke more to the people in my life about my skin issues I think they would appreciate it more, instead of me bottling it up and hating my skin inside and withdrawing...

DIET
ACCUMAX - 2000iu Vitamin A: 19·6mg Vitamin E: 40mg Vitamin C: 80mg DIM
Solgar - Vitamin A - 5000iu. 
Limited dairy/gluten - everything in moderation.

#12 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Going to the toilet

"damn got a big spot on my ass"

Only kidding lol.
Formerly Nicky D

If you stand for nothing then you will fall for anything

#13 hitea

hitea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 20
About Me

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Going to the toilet

"damn got a big spot on my ass"

Only kidding lol.

I feel like that's the perfect time to muse about your acne. :P might as well wrap all of the unpleasant things in life into one event!