Photo

Accutane Is Poison

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 Seanagins

Seanagins

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Seriously, I just want to start off with saying that Accutane is literally poison. I can provide substantial evidence support that it's poison. For one, the ingredients consist of a lot of hydrogenated oils. Hydrogenated oils are poison in themselves. I will continue to follow up with posts to support this new topic.
BTW, Accutane and generic manufactures are under fire right now because of the damages Accutane has caused. For those that write about a "positive" experience on a Accutane treatment plan, they are either lying, sales representatives/ both, or just purely lucked out.

#2 Potluck420

Potluck420

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well yes, it is a poison . Some people however, would choose poison because they are desperate to cure their acne.

#3 13yearsofAcne

13yearsofAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

“All things are poisons, for there is nothing without poisonous qualities. It is only the dose which makes a thing poison.”
Paracelsus

#4 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Like 13yearsofacne said, the "poison" is in the dose. Of course, if you're on Accutate/Isotretinoin you should not take more than what was prescribed to you and follow directions!

Edited by Michelle Reece, 03 December 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#5 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

yes most people know this. its one of the worst drugs out there. you can just take vitamin a and that will be fine. the pharmas have exploited vitamin a so they can sell it. if they told you the cure to acne problems they couldn't make any money.

#6 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

yes most people know this. its one of the worst drugs out there. you can just take vitamin a and that will be fine. the pharmas have exploited vitamin a so they can sell it. if they told you the cure to acne problems they couldn't make any money.

Vitamin a can be just as bad. For it to actually work you would have to megadose it, and megadosing a fat soluble vitamin quickly adds up to toxic levels.

#7 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Have any you of actually taken Accutane? I for one can say that Accutane effectively put my acne into remission. After years of suffering from severe cystic acne and failing every single therapy out there, Accutane was the only thing that worked. It worked for me and it has worked for thousands of people. Unfortunately the extreme voices dominate the conversation about Accutane and there is an obscene amount of misinformation out there. So I guess I must be lying or a pharma sales rep.

Every person on here has to make an educated decision based on the facts and not ridiculous fear mongering or wives tales. I put this ridiculousness in the same category as using lemon juice to cure acne scars. Really? I mean really?

Edited by blahblah82, 02 December 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#8 pugrocker

pugrocker

VAN HALEN ROCKS!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I Kinda consider acne to be poison as well. Ya sure dont want or need it and in some tragic cases, it leads to suicide as I know oh so well.Posted Image

#9 londoncat8

londoncat8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I took accutane and it worked great for me. 3 members of my family took accutane in 80s they are still alive, free of acne, have children and none of them suffered scary side effects. After 20 years of fighting acne with topicals, antibiotics, vegetarian diet etc the only thing that made my skin look good was accutane. I guess writing about it just made me sale representative and a liar, hahaha

#10 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

use the natural ways in my signature to cure acne.

Edited by Ichance23, 02 December 2012 - 11:45 PM.

#11 Livetoregret

Livetoregret

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Like 13yearsofacne said, the poison is in the dose. Of course, if you're on Accutate/Isotretinoin you should not take more than what was prescribed to you and follow directions!

what if your like me and took it as directed by the 'professional' you trusted and they completely overdosed you?

#12 Michelle Reece

Michelle Reece

Skin care fanatic and scientific stickler

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Have any you of actually taken Accutane? I for one can say that Accutane effectively put my acne into remission. After years of suffering from severe cystic acne and failing every single therapy out there, Accutane was the only thing that worked. It worked for me and it has worked for thousands of people. Unfortunately the extreme voices dominate the conversation about Accutane and there is an obscene amount of misinformation out there. So I guess I must be lying or a pharma sales rep.

Every person on here has to make an educated decision based on the facts and not ridiculous fear mongering or wives tales. I put this ridiculousness in the same category as using lemon juice to cure acne scars. Really? I mean really?

I haven't taken Accutane, but I do in fact support its usage with those who truly have severe, resistant acne. I may have come across as a critic (re-reading it I realize that now), and I probably should've worded what I wrote earlier better like putting 'poison' in quotation marks. I am however dead set against megadosing on OTC vitamin A or any other supplement and trying to obtain Isotretinoin without a prescription.

I absolutely 100% agree with your statement, "Unfortunately the extreme voices dominate the conversation about Accutane and there is an obscene amount of misinformation out there." People panic over ingredients and drugs all the time, from small Vitamin A derivatives in sunscreen to "statins cause all sorts of cancer and permanently damage your liver in small doses" and they fear what they don't understand. Part of the hatred towards Isotretinoin and other prescription drugs lies in their preference with "natural" and "herbal" treatments which has no evidence other than several anecdotes they read online or people they talked to. I also agree with not using lemon juice for acne scars -- while it may have alpha hydroxy acids, you have no idea how stable or what the concentration is and there's no guarantee it'll even absorb into your skin, not to mention possibly getting contact dermatitis!

Like 13yearsofacne said, the poison is in the dose. Of course, if you're on Accutate/Isotretinoin you should not take more than what was prescribed to you and follow directions!

what if your like me and took it as directed by the 'professional' you trusted and they completely overdosed you?

So what exactly happened? Did you accidentally wind up going to a quack doctor? What dosage were you on? What did you try to fix your side effects? Did you go back to your dermatologist or go to another one?

#13 Seanagins

Seanagins

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

uhhh Vitamin D3 is a toxin also!!!! I am currently doing research on it. For starters Cholecalciferol can lead to hypercalcemia, hardening of the soft tissues starting at the heart and kidneys.

https://chronicillne...eneral&Itemid=1

Edited by Seanagins, 08 December 2012 - 04:44 PM.

#14 g33tar

g33tar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

everyone on accutane is aware of what they are taking. we are essentially poisoning ourselves on purpose to cure our acne. the common side effects are short term, and last a little over the length of the course. the much rarer, more serious side effects, or just that... much rarer.

we are all taking risks taking this drug in the hope of giving ourselves a better quality of life. nobody takes the decision lightly, and scaremongering and uneducated fact slinging is insulting to everyone who is going through, or has gone through their treatment. nobody takes the decision to go accutane lightly, and for most, there is no other choice.

people can copy and paste facts from uncited websites and think they are discovering something that 30 years of proffessional research into the drug cannot find if they want, but keep it to yourselves until your speculative theories are factual.

Edited by g33tar, 07 December 2012 - 05:15 PM.

#15 Seanagins

Seanagins

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

everyone on accutane is aware of what they are taking. we are essentially poisoning ourselves on purpose to cure our acne. the common side effects are short term, and last a little over the length of the course. the much rarer, more serious side effects, or just that... much rarer.

we are all taking risks taking this drug in the hope of giving ourselves a better quality of life. nobody takes the decision lightly, and scaremongering and uneducated fact slinging is insulting to everyone who is going through, or has gone through their treatment. nobody takes the decision to go accutane lightly, and for most, there is no other choice.

people can copy and paste facts from uncited websites and think they are discovering something that 30 years of proffessional research into the drug cannot find if they want, but keep it to yourselves until your speculative theories are factual.

You have no right to tell anybody that they need more substantial evidence to support the fact that accutane is dangerous and shouldn't be prescribed. All my evidence is from experience. All the others that I have managed to talk to have shared nothing positive about accutane. If you don't agree with this thread then you don't have to post. Please don't troll this thread when it was created out of good intentions to help people.

Edited by Seanagins, 08 December 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#16 g33tar

g33tar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

You have no right to tell anybody that they need more substantial evidence to support the fact that accutane is dangerous and shouldn't be prescribed. All my evidence is from experience. All the others that I have managed to talk to have shared nothing positive about accutane. If you don't agree with this thread then you don't have to post. Please don't troll this thread when it was created out of good intentions to help people.

i have no right to ask for evidence for people making serious claims? ah i see...

your evidence is biased, uninformed and based on personal observations. all you're doing is scaremongering.

it's a serious drug, but i'd rather people trust the advice of their qualified dermatologists who spent years studying for their degree, rather then someone on the internet making claims they cant back up.

#17 Aballarina

Aballarina

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Wow intense lol. Personally, I feel every drug has risks. Accutane may be a more serious drug, but I trust my derm and my gp actually told me its not TOO bad. Yeah there are risks, but I heard people who had issues with bcp or antibiotics.
As long as people are properly informed I think it's s personal decision. If you've tried other stuff and they don't work it may be a last resort.
We all have different experiences and at least here we can hear the good and the bad for most pills or products. In glad I read some negative comments so I can better be on the look out for any nasty side effects :)
We all want the same thing --clear skin. How we'll get it, is sadly always different

#18 londoncat8

londoncat8

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

What evidence is that?? I have evidence to prove it was a safe cure for my horrible acne. I am type 1 diabetic and risked it and it was worth it at the end! You will be biased and wrong to tell people it is poison. If you do not let the other side speak on this thread then truth will never find its way here....it will be all biased lies.

#19 pinkandlilac

pinkandlilac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Great posts g33tar.

I don't understand why people make threads just to scare people and regard it as helping. Don't they realise young kids probably come onto this site looking for advice on isotretinoin? Share your experience, fair enough. But scaremongering is highly irresponisble.

ONE person having a negative experience with isotretinoin does not qualify them to spout everything as a 'fact' and for every negative experience, there are far more positive experiences because it is a FACT that the majority of people come out the other side pleased with the results and don't experience any really bad side effects. Yes we know that bad side effects can occur. But the point is, it's rare. EVERY drug has a risk, every drug has a list of common, uncommon and rare side effects. All the people who have had a positive experience are less likely to take the internet to share their experience but the stats from Dermatologists speak for themselves.

I've been through the process twice... so does that make me an expert? No it doesn't. And YES I have been pleased with the results both times, NO I didn't have any major side effects and NO I don't work for a drug company nor am I pathalogical liar.

Suggesting that anybody who claims that isotretinoin worked for them just fine is most probably working for a drug company or lying is downright silly and immature and no wonder you don't know anyone who has had a positive experience because you've just admitted you don't listen to them. What % of the population have acne? What % of acne suffers have a severe form? What % of severe cases end up having a course of isotretinoin? You really think the drug companies are going to spend all day 'trolling' the internet to persuade a small % of people to take it?

Get a grip.

#20 oli girl

oli girl

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

What evidence is that?? I have evidence to prove it was a safe cure for my horrible acne. I am type 1 diabetic and risked it and it was worth it at the end! You will be biased and wrong to tell people it is poison. If you do not let the other side speak on this thread then truth will never find its way here....it will be all biased lies.

Lucky for you! Since you already had type 1 diabetes there wasn't much to risk in that aspect! Accutane caused my Type 1 and No it is not Normal to develop suddenly at 35....

Anyways, It's the same old thing...Thoose who are new to Accutane or had a good experince will praise, thoose damaged will not, then there is thoose who praise it and get damaged and have a change of heart....Then there are thoose that say take the adivice of your derm, but if you get f**cked up then you should of listened to your own body blah blah blah...etc..... Point is it's dangerous drug Roche states that themselves and it is missued by derms all the time. It Russian Roulette!