4 replies to this topic

#1 Seanagins

Seanagins

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hello,
What I have noticed about oily skin is that there seems to be a correlation with vitaminB's and diet. I don't care what your dermatologist is telling you and assuring you that there isn't a correlation. They are just doing the best that they can to help you with your problem. Vitamin B's are essential and obtaining them through animal products isn't the only way of obtaining them. Supplements/capsules are woderful ways of ingesting and consuming vitaminB's. Kombucha tea is also a great way to obtain vitamin B's.
A vegetarian/vegan Diet helps also. It may not be nessecary but it has helped me and so many others. I chose to adhere closely to a Macrobiotic diet as much as I could. I still have my problems but they are a lot less than what they used to be. Lets start of basic. Eliminate the junk salt from your diet. Invest in good salt. All white salt is refined. A good mineral salt is so useful. Then an elimination diet can be helpful so you can notice if any paticular foods help you or affect you breaking out. Turmeric and Black pepper combined in a season/spice shaker helps too. WHOLE GRAINS! Brown Rice and Beans. Brown Rice and Beans. I couldn't say it enough. Helpful Beans are Lima beans, Adzuki/Aduki/Azuki beans, Garbanzo/Chickpea Beans Pinto Beans, Black Beans. I personally feel to get the most out of Beans from a health and economical aspect, eating beans by soaking dry bulk beans and then cooking them is the best way to go. Canned Beans are costly and are contaminated by an endocrine distrupter/neurotoxin BPA(bisphenol A). Eating Prickly Pear Cactus, White Button Mushrooms and Shittake Mushrooms (shittake aren't to ingested/consumed everyday, you can even feel them at work) help a lot also. Onions and Garlic. Ingesting one citrus fruit a day helps. Ingesting Bananas are great for the skin. Ingesting Pears are helpful for skin damage. Cabbage is great and Divine! It's wonderful lightly steamed. Making suaerkraut helps magnificently also because of the naturally occuring lactobacillus acidophilis (probiotic) and vitamin C (it's rather easy to, 3 tablespoons of Salt to 5 pounds of Cabbage), 2 good books to buy for further explanation on fermentation is "Wild Fermentation" by Elix Sando Katz "Healing with Whole Foods" by Paul Pitchford. Ingesting Brocolli/Cauliflower/Collard Greens (Brassica Vegetables in general for Vitamin K) is wonderful also. Vitamin K well help your body absord and utilize Calcium and Magnesium.
Basic supplements that will help are spiruilina, neem, saw palmetto, vitamin B's, Cal-Mag, Ester Vitamin C, Selenium. Hemp oil is great also. Hemp Oil by Nutiva is available here in the 'states'. Alpha Lipoic Acid is a help supplement that supports antioxidant and skin rejuvination.
Dr. Bronners soap or any natural/organic/fair trade soaps. I recently was prescribed a lotion that contains 1percent Clindamycin. I haven't obtained it or used it yet but plan to investigate it and follow up with results. I hope this helps.

P.S. for the times you do get a blemish/zit/boil/cyst/pimple and you want to bring it to a "head" to relieve it, Plantain (Plantango Major; http://en.wikipedia..../Plantago_major), Neem, Salt (sodium cholride, mineral salt) poultice can help. I find the best way to do this is to blend a little plantain and water in a blender. Then to add some neem and water together. Stir to thoroughly to dissolve. Add plantain and salt. Stir or blend. Add a few drops of Lavendar essentail oil. Apply to skin. In a bind just simply apply Plantain leaf.

Edited by Seanagins, 02 December 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#2 Seanagins

Seanagins

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Also if you can afford it, Curcumin supplement and carrots to juice. Eat some good organic Sweet Potatos.

#3 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I don't recommend the product called "Ester C", which is a rip-off. Just use ordinary ascorbic acid tablets, which are easily and inexpensively available in numerous stores.

#4 Seanagins

Seanagins

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I don't recommend the product called "Ester C", which is a rip-off. Just use ordinary ascorbic acid tablets, which are easily and inexpensively available in numerous stores.

You might like luckyvitamins.com and/or Puritans Pride.

#5 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

I like plain old "vitamin C" from any store, which is simple and inexpensive. An example is ordinary vitamin C tablets, like I get from my local HEB supermarket! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users