Eating Lots Of Carrots Is Good

7 posts in this topic

carrots have lots of vitamin a which is good for acne

Edited by Ichance23

I would like to see more research done on Vitamin D itself for acne, be it oral or topical.

Companies can still make a profit from Vitamin D: they could patent a specific formula, like what happens with prescriptions and OTC supplements all the time. There appears to be a plausible biological mechanism for the vitamin and some preliminary research about it and the general skin. As of right now, Vitamin D's influence in other skin disorders is a bit controversial and it isn't known if supplementing beyond adequate levels is better or how much and what form of Vitamin D should be applied to skin.

carrots are good for acne

Edited by Ichance23

Why did you change the subject from the 1938 Vitamin D acne study to "carrots are good for acne"? The subject was perfectly fine and quite intriguing. eusa_think.gif

Why did you change the subject from the 1938 Vitamin D acne study to "carrots are good for acne"? The subject was perfectly fine and quite intriguing. eusa_think.gif

because...

Edited by Ichance23

because i found that it is actually dangerous if you take a lot. i have too much calcium in my blood because i have been taking so much. i don't want to hurt other people. i didn't know it was dangerous until i started looking into the dangers of it. turns out it causes more problems than it solves.

Okay, I see now. Yes, I agree with you that taking too much Vitamin D is dangerous and we don't want to give anyone the idea that "if X amount is good, then more will be better!" People can get their vitamin D in safer ways, like going out in the sun and eating Vitamin-D enriched foods. And as I've mentioned before, Vitamin D supplementation isn't exactly proven for acne (yet!)

1 person likes this

because i found that it is actually dangerous if you take a lot. i have too much calcium in my blood because i have been taking so much. i don't want to hurt other people. i didn't know it was dangerous until i started looking into the dangers of it. turns out it causes more problems than it solves.

Okay, I see now. Yes, I agree with you that taking too much Vitamin D is dangerous and we don't want to give anyone the idea that "if X amount is good, then more will be better!" People can get their vitamin D in safer ways, like going out in the sun and eating Vitamin-D enriched foods. And as I've mentioned before, Vitamin D supplementation isn't exactly proven for acne (yet!)

i agree about going out in the sun. people really need to do it more often!

but taking it orally is definately very dangerous. i no longer recomend it. in fact i recomend not taking it. it does not cure acne and will actually many health problems if too much is taken. i recomend probiotic topical or evening primrose oil or zinc to cure acne. there is even a study were 120 mg of zinc a day cured acne by 85% after 12 weeks! :) but the VITAMIND D IS DANGEROUS