jojoba oil

4 replies to this topic

#1 PackardGoose

PackardGoose

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

I left my gym bag in my car overnight and we had a freeze, and my oil was in my gym bag. My JoJoba Oil was frozen solid this morning much to my dismay! I'm currently running hot water over the bottle to get it to thaw out, but I'm worried that by freezing the oil has been ruined. Does freezing ruin jojoba oil and do I need to order some new stuff?

The oil still forms the numerous small bubbles when shaken, but the oil seems a little runny or watery when dispensed. Of course, it could naturally be that way. I never looked at how it behaved when just dripped into my hand.

Edited by PackardGoose, 01 December 2012 - 06:03 AM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

This is just a guess, but I would say it would be fine once thawed as its just a natural product with no "active" ingredient that could become inactive in adverse conditions.

Let us know how you get on.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 mrSuitnTie

mrSuitnTie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

^

#4 azaaza

azaaza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

OMG, the same thing just happened to me now! just received my JoJoba oil in the mail box, and opened the box with my oil looking like lemonade slush, is it still usable?

#5 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

This happens during the winter months. Just let it thaw at room temperature and give a little shake before you use it. For anyone else who may be wondering, do the same with any of our products that freeze during shipment. They'll be okay.

We're all in this together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users