60 replies to this topic

#1 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hey, yesterday I had subcision done on both sides of my face. It went fine except I'm worried about the large scarred areas he subcised on both sides on my upper cheeks under my temples, these entire areas are raised and swollen and have been so since yesterday. I'm scared I'm forever going to have two big lumps on either side. Is it normal to get lumps in areas from subcision the same day as treatment? They are swollen and hurt to touch.

I'm not sure if this is just normal swelling. I mean these areas are a few inches in diameter and I heard lots of snaps as my surgeon cut through the fibrous bands. I had tons of scars in these areas from cystic acne.

Update: Before and two weeks post-subcision (right side)

P1000470edit.jpg P1040443edit.jpg

Left side (wish I had a higher quality before picture to show how bad it truly was)

P1020965edit3.jpg P1040465edit.jpg

Edited by sverd, 11 December 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#2 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

You just had your treatment, so it's normal. Let your skin heal first. Icing helps(every 2 hours or so), too.
If the lumps(most likely just swollen...?) won't go away after a week, then you should start massaging those area.
Good luck :)

Edited by FruitBiscuits, 29 November 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#3 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I'm not familiar with subcision in any way, but based on hanging out here too much, I'm under the impression that getting lumps would be normal and it could even be a good thing, as long as it's transitory (which it should).

#4 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 68
About Me

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Having swollen and bruised areas from subcision is perfectly normal and to be expected. In fact, you want this to happen as the subdermal injury will result in collagen formation and deposition.

#5 DRaGZ

DRaGZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Lumps that feel weird are normal for subcision. It is HIGHLY unlikely you'll end up with abnormally raised areas.

#6 zaak27

zaak27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

lumps from subcision is good thing the more it lasts is better the outcome i had three subcisions and all of them with big lumps on my cheeks. i did not use ice on my face because i wanted the swelling to last and i had a great improvement.

Edited by zaak27, 30 November 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#7 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

lumps from subcision is good thing the more it lasts is better the outcome i had three subcisions and all of them with big lumps on my cheeks. i did not use ice on my face because i wanted the swelling to last and i had a great improvement.

After you had subcision, Were the needle wounds and swelling and bruising really noticeable? And for how long?

#8 zaak27

zaak27

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

After you had subcision, Were the needle wounds and swelling and bruising really noticeable? And for how long?

swelling lasted for two weeks and needle wounds i would say after seven days it was good

#9 rentedname

rentedname

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

would you consider taking pictures to log your experience? would help all of us scarred individuals to see some real procedures and results.

#10 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

would you consider taking pictures to log your experience? would help all of us scarred individuals to see some real procedures and results.

I will eventually post before/after pictures, I just want to wait until the swelling subsides so the final results are visible and not distorted.

#11 pumpkin21

pumpkin21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

I had a subiciosn and cross treatment today and suffered no bruising (well not to date). Cheeks are slightly swelled buti can still see rolling scars, does the breaking of tethers (heard it plenty) mean that the areas should raise immediately or is this a process over time?

#12 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

With my first three subcision procedures, I had swelling and bruising. After the swelling subsided, I could see the scars again and then they would eventually fill - some more than others. This is a process that takes weeks or months to complete in some cases.

With my fourth subcision treatment, I used the 'suction method' and the scars on my left check never reappeared. You should take a look at the study to see if this is something you want to consider.

Good luck.

#13 rentedname

rentedname

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

With my first three subcision procedures, I had swelling and bruising. After the swelling subsided, I could see the scars again and then they would eventually fill - some more than others. This is a process that takes weeks or months to complete in some cases.

With my fourth subcision treatment, I used the 'suction method' and the scars on my left check never reappeared. You should take a look at the study to see if this is something you want to consider.

Good luck.

was the suction method DIY? or did you have a doctor do it?

#14 pumpkin21

pumpkin21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

could you send me link for suction treatment at what point do i use it etc? Just had a subciison but have no bruising so thinking should i do suction now?

#15 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20553364

I started the suctioning process on day three. It resulted in prolonged bruising and swelling but the best improvement in reducing the appearance of my scarring.

#16 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Update: the swelling is gone and the areas are still noticeably smoother, especially on both cheekbones where cystic scarring was prevalent in areas spanning a few inches. Those were the areas that responded the best and also where I had the most swelling (large, raised bubbles immediately after treatment). I think it's because my surgeon did such large areas at once. The scarring was also the worst there. I would estimate at least 60% improvement in those cheekbone areas. I've been taking vitamin C and collagen supplements. My skin looks better than it has in years. I no longer feel that insecure under bright lights. I'll eventually post some pics.

Edited by sverd, 11 December 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#17 mr. matt

mr. matt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Glad to read about your improvement!

We're all looking forward to seeing your before and after photos.

#18 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Two before pics, one after pic of right side. Keep in mind that I took the after picture in the harshest lighting possible by holding a bright light directly over my face. There's no longer the deep shadows from the craters, even in horrible lighting.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1020962edit2.jpg
  • P1000470edit.jpg
  • P1040443edit.jpg

Edited by sverd, 11 December 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#19 michi31

michi31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Looks fantastic. You must be thrilled. Do you think this is the final result, or will the swelling go down more? Where is your doctor located?

#20 sverd

sverd

anonymous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Looks fantastic. You must be thrilled. Do you think this is the final result, or will the swelling go down more? Where is your doctor located?

Yup it feels pretty good not being so self-conscious of the sides of my face anymore. The swelling is gone and was already mostly gone a week ago. I'm pretty sure this is the final result or it may get better as collagen continues to build up over the coming weeks/months. Thanks to people such as Mr. Matt and others who provided feedback and inspired me to get this treatment done in the first place.

My doctor is located in Fairhope, Alabama. It was very hard to find someone who performed subcision. I was pretty much calling up every dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon's office within a hundred miles on a google search. Most of the receptionists didn't even know what the procedure was.

Edited by sverd, 11 December 2012 - 09:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users