Experiences With Zinc?

zinc

3 replies to this topic

#1 446

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I am 17 and I have moderate acne, but currently it is almost 95% controlled by minocycline. However, I get dark grey/blue marks where the acne goes away, so my derm told me I need to get off it. She perscribed the BCP or the bactrim antibiotic, both of which I am pretty apprehensive about taking.

I've looked into the reviews for zinc and they seem pretty promising. What are your experiences? Especially compared with any other methods?

#2 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I had them test my zinc levels when I got a blood test, while I was taking 60 mg of zinc a day. And my levels were still low. But still... I've never really noticed a difference in my skin when taking zinc vs. not taking it. It could even make things worse for me... I ran out of zinc and stopped taking it a few months ago. Recently I was clearing up, and decided to buy some more zinc to help the scars heal. And since I started back up, I have had some new spots form.

BUT - everyone is different. It's worth a shot. Buy a small/cheap bottle first.

#3 understatement

understatement

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

I really don't see a difference. I take 100mg a day and have been for a month or two now. I want to stop taking them, probably when I'm done with this bottle since zince isn't that great for you.. its a metal after all.

#4 Spotthedifference

Spotthedifference

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 42
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, running, creative projects, the sims games

Achievements

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

It speeds up my healing times a fair bit and stops some of the inflamation. Doesn't really reduce the acne itself for me though.

Currently clear of acne with the occasional hormonal breakout. Check out my routines and progress updates here:
http://www.acne.org/...g-and-duac-gel/

Treat yourself as you treat others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users