Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

viasidd

Spiro Worked!

4 posts in this topic

I got extremely emotional with my friends the other day because they pointed out how great my skin looks now. I used to have so much cystic acne to the point I didn't know what to do with myself. Mentally I was tired, I dealt with acne for 9 years so for amazing improvement in my skin these past couple of weeks just really make me tear up...

I suggest many ppl to try spiro before accutane. People urged me so much to try it, even my dermatologists. I'm happy I didn't...but I'm glad that I'm only using 50mg of spiro to clear my skin.

I hope whoever tries it, just waits! Even if it seems like its not working, you gotta give it at least 3 months. I almost gave up because of the initial breakout, but it worked incredibly. So please just be patient and wait!!<3 It'll be worth it.

...I really just had to express my happiness with everyone on here. I've been a lurker for a while on this site and now, I feel like my life is complete and I no longer have to worry about acne that much anymore.

Good luck everyone!!smile.pngproud.gif

If anyone wants a before an after picture. Don't even hesitate to ask. I'll show you how bad it was:)

1 person likes this

Good to hear about your success smile.png How long did it take to clear up?

Thank you!

It took me 3 months to clear up. but by the middle of the second month my skin started improving :)

This leaves me hopeful - thanks!

Prescription:

Spironolactone 50mg, 2x/day

Doxycycline 100mg, 2xday

Retin-A Micro 0.04% nightly

OTC:

Candex, two pills 2x a day

Vitamin Shoppe Probiotic, two pills 2x/day

Regimen morning & night:

Wash with Nubian African Black Soap

Moisturize with Cerave AM in morning, Cerave cream at night

Apply Bio-Oil to noise/cheeks/chin AM before CeraVe