Photo

Is There Any Other Benefit To Using Acne.org's Bp Other Than Clearing Of Acne?

acne bp acne.org chris brown aha alpha hydroxy acid benzoyl peroxide glycolic acid

2 replies to this topic

#1 mrSuitnTie

mrSuitnTie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Well I'm going to order some of the products on this website, such as the AHA for my scars and Jojoba Oil to help moisturize. Right now I am using a product called Clindoxyl Gel and it is a mix of Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin(Antibiotic). It works really well, and I do not have any more acne, just blackheads and scars, but I heard such good reviews on acne.org's BP I'm wondering if i should switch to that. If I start using that BP will it help my skin anymore or is BP benficial to active acne only? Like will it help my skin's texture, look etc.?

#2 Member1

Member1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

May I ask why you want to order BP if you are clear of acne? I'm not sure on skin texture as it's meant to dry skin and make it red, like it has with my face. I'm not too sure though, in my opinion I wouldn't say it would help with the actual skin texture, it would only help with the acne side! :)

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

BP definitely got rid of blackheads and blocked pores for me, but others found that BP only worked for acne and not for blocked pores or blackheads, so like always, its an individual thing. The AHA will help with your skin texture etc and its a chemical exfoliator.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users