accutane acne pimple

5 replies to this topic

#1 Matt1232

Matt1232

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi everyone! I'm currently near the end of my fifth month of accutane out of an eighth month course on 40mg a day. However today I went to the beach and got hit by a ball in the face (my bad), and hit my very delicate pimple on my in the region between my eyebrows. This was a big one that has been hanging around for weeks, and it started bleeding and now its a very dark reddish purple colour with clear evidence it was popped on the side.

I'm worry that the colour won't fade and it will scar... Will I hopefully be in the clear guys? It doesn't look too great and I'm actually really scared about long term damage...I just want be to be sure it will hopefully fade.. :/

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Posted Image

Edited by Matt1232, 22 November 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#2 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Hi everyone! I'm currently near the end of my fifth month of accutane out of an eighth month course on 40mg a day. However today I went to the beach and got hit by a ball in the face (my bad), and hit my very delicate pimple on my in the region between my eyebrows. This was a big one that has been hanging around for weeks, and it started bleeding and now its a very dark reddish purple colour with clear evidence it was popped on the side.

I'm worry that the colour won't fade and it will scar... Will I hopefully be in the clear guys? It doesn't look too great and I'm actually really scared about long term damage...I just want be to be sure it will hopefully fade.. :/

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Posted Image

It'll probably stay purpleish/reddish for awhile and eventually fade, I wouldn't worry about it. Put sunscreen on it to prevent it from getting any darker.

#3 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:I hate to tell you, sweetie - but if you're dating me, you're dating white trash.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

The dark red/purplish color is pretty normal for cysts and Accutane users.
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#4 Matt1232

Matt1232

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Cool thanks guys. Its super dark brown too in a tiny area too, ah well hopefully it should fade soon! :)

Thanks for giving me the hope I needed guys, I'll actually update this post with how it all goes just as a form of motivation to other users who might have this sort of problem in future.. Moisturising it too a good idea?

#5 Elsewhere

Elsewhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:I hate to tell you, sweetie - but if you're dating me, you're dating white trash.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

A light moisturizer couldn't hurt, either. Will help keep the skin hydrated so it can knit itself back together easier. Let us know how it goes!
"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

#6 Matt1232

Matt1232

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

So its been almost three weeks and while its still there, the pimple has pretty much subsided and the darkness is fading quick! Should be completing invisible soon I reckon, just thought that I'd let other accutane users know that if this happens to them, to not worry about it so much!

All I did was moisturise (not very often, every couple of days) and using a cleanser (as usual) containing vit E. Not sure if they helped or not. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users