Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Too Sure What To Do About My Back Acne. Help Would Be Appreciated!

4 posts in this topic

Hey All!

So for the past year or two, I've had this really bad acne all around my shoulder blades to my upper arm area which I suspect is partially due to my heavy backpack. It sort of looks like this (https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC16B_-BQttfA2CzYEYOCcHiS1pvjKOdS8S2kdEeXRHFY4eNHI) and is in that general area. I do take hot showers in the morning daily and use a salycic acid scrub on my shoulders. However this does not seem to help. Does the board have any ideas of what this is or what I could do to aid in making it go away? Some have suggested a hot shower to open pores then to soak under cold water to close them back up. However I would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks in advance guys!

Many members have had luck using dandruff shampoo as a body wash. Something about the shampoo being specifically designed to even out skin flakeage. I mean to try it one of these days - I get breakouts of the back of my neck and shoulders all the time.

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."- Gkar, Objects in Motion

"I believe our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos. The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves." - Carl Sagan

The condition in that picture looks rather severe. Have you ever been to a dermatologist? IMO you should.