accutane claravis 80mg female

4 replies to this topic

#1 karmadelayed

karmadelayed

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm fourteen and in eighth grade. I just got my first box of Claravis today and my dermatologist prescribed me 80mg/day, two 40mg pills at the same time. I have severe nodular/cystic acne and it hasn't responded to Spironolactone, Monodox (Doxycycline, and although it did keep my acne from breaking out, it did not clear anything up after taking it for nine months), Tetracycline, Minocycline, or Clindamycin. I used the following topicals as well (mostly some at the same time as above antibiotics, but some weren't): Aczone Retin-A, Epiduo, Differin, Tazorac: this did somewhat dry me out, but never fixed anything even after using it twice a day for a month; Ziana: I CANNOT STAND IT. I had to use it for 7 months and it never worked, and they gooeyness was barely tolerable; Duac, and several benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid OTC creams/products. My friends always ask me why I don't use one of these Proactive things, which I have, and don't work. I'll post some pictures to show you:

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
I have the worst acne in the grade. What do you think of my dosage, and what should I do about side effects? I feel so young to be on the drug, but it's last resort. Thanks Posted Image

It might also help to know I'm 5'6.5" and 125 lbs.

#2 James9

James9

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

It will be a struggle at first but you could potentially never have to deal with acne again. Don't give up. It will get better Posted Image You will probably go into high school confident and acne free!

Edited by James9, 20 November 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#3 AliciaThreet

AliciaThreet

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm on 80 mg/day and my acne is actually not as bad as yours. I'm confused why I was even put on 80 mg/day because it seems waaay too high but, I guess we'll see. Feel free to check out my blog of my journey!

xoxo
http://shmaccutane.wordpress.com/

#4 Faded12

Faded12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

That dosage sounds way too high for your weight to me and to be honest your acne looks moderate not severe. If I were you I would ask to at lest start off on 40mg and work your way up to 60 or 80. I'm staying at 40 my whole course and I weigh 120

#5 Skintuition

Skintuition

1 Year On The DKR

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:finding a cure for acne :)

Achievements

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I know people with acne way worse than yours, don't worry! That doesnt look bad at all. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users