#1 Ellinas

Ellinas

this is a member title :D

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Not sure if this belongs here or Clinical trials/studies but here goes anyway:

... lurking in your pores right now are tiny bugs, closely related to spiders, that live off your facial oils. Usually, these bugs are harmless, but harbor too many of them and their tendency to die and decompose while they're inside you becomes a little problematic. In fact, according to National University of Ireland researcher Kevin Kavanagh, the bugs may be responsible for rosacea, a chronic skin disease estimated to effect between 5 and 20 percent of the world's population.

http://jezebel.com/5...-pores?tag=poop

More reliable sources at the end of the article (university and new scientist)

I don't usually read this blog, a friend fwd me an article on jezebel and I happened to discover this particular article. So the mites would more than likely come from your pillow case?

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

This is related to the lipid makeup in your sebum, ie a deficiency in linoleic acid. It makes the difference between people who are over sensitive and react to such things and people that don't. Actually, it applies to all mammals. They all have mites, but only some lose all their fur and scratch themselves to death.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users