Photo

Mixto Sx Co2 Fractional Laser Surgery Diary: Asian With Ice Pick Acne Scars On Cheeks/temples.

ice pick co2 fraxel cortisone needling aha alpha hydroxy acid concealer hyperpigmentation

143 replies to this topic

#141 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hey SLee,

Congrats on your improvement. Your skin looks so much better. Where are you getting your needling done? I started dermastamping and seems to be softening my texture issues. However I have yet to experience downtime from it and I am thinking I am just not capable of being aggressive. I'd like to try a professional.

If you try TCA Cross, please follow blahblah's advice. Do a test spot and give your skin ample time to recover from the test. Don't Cross all your scars at once. Expect hyperpigmented spots on your face. Even if Cross didn't cause additional damage, I don't think I could have done it more than once.

#142 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hey SLee,

Congrats on your improvement. Your skin looks so much better. Where are you getting your needling done? I started dermastamping and seems to be softening my texture issues. However I have yet to experience downtime from it and I am thinking I am just not capable of being aggressive. I'd like to try a professional.

If you try TCA Cross, please follow blahblah's advice. Do a test spot and give your skin ample time to recover from the test. Don't Cross all your scars at once. Expect hyperpigmented spots on your face. Even if Cross didn't cause additional damage, I don't think I could have done it more than once.

Hey *Inspired*,

Thanks for the advice. I am doing my needling sessions with an esthetician, she runs her own skin care office in La Mirada, CA (SoCal). She mainly uses a fine needle and essentially needles/punctures my skin and goes at various depths, the harder/deeper it goes, the longer the HP lasts. That is why there is usually a 2-3 day downtime, since the HP will last around 2-3 days, depending on the severity of the needling. 

#143 HeftyMug

HeftyMug

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Dude, you've made so much progress. Huge congrats!

#144 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:06 AM

I think there does come a point, when you have to accept that there is diminishing marginal return to scar revision procedures.  Initially the improvement is greater, but it usually tapers off as you do more and more procedures.  The danger is not knowing when to stop and becoming so obsessed with perfection that you make a decision in haste.  You have to know when to stop with aggressive treatments and then switch to less risky procedures.   I think you've wisely decided to back off the lasers for now.  

I don't want to call out any one particular person, but there was recently a case of someone who did a resurfacing procedure that was too aggressive and this person was clearly damaged by it.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users