Photo

Mixto Sx Co2 Fractional Laser Surgery Diary: Asian With Ice Pick Acne Scars On Cheeks/temples.

ice pick co2 fraxel cortisone needling aha alpha hydroxy acid concealer hyperpigmentation

136 replies to this topic

#81 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hope you get the results you want slee3. Thanks for keeping us updated.

#82 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Day 3 Post Mixto #3 Update (pics included)

#83 dragonn

dragonn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

Hey Slee, it looks like he went a lot harder this time around! I hope you get great results from this session!

I bet around week 6 they'll be really noticeable shallowing and improvement.

Thank you for being so thorough in updating. All the best!

#84 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Wow, the doctor definitely turned up the juice this time as indicated by the bleeding and oozing. 

Edited by blahblah82, 12 June 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#85 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

day 7 Post Mixto #3 Update

#86 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Day 22 Post Mixto #3 Update

#87 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thank you slee for continuing to update one of the few compelling threads on this forum.  I'm gonna come out and say it.  This board has devolved and the intelligent and informed conversations seemed have gone by the wayside.  Seriously, just look at the top discussed threads.  

I clearly see the hyperpigmentation in your pictures.  Now that you are three weeks out, probably most of the micro swelling has gone down.  Can you give us an idea of any changes to the scars or texture of your skin?  Do you see noticeable improvements from this more aggressive session?

#88 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thank you slee for continuing to update one of the few compelling threads on this forum.  I'm gonna come out and say it.  This board has devolved and the intelligent and informed conversations seemed have gone by the wayside.  Seriously, just look at the top discussed threads.  

I clearly see the hyperpigmentation in your pictures.  Now that you are three weeks out, probably most of the micro swelling has gone down.  Can you give us an idea of any changes to the scars or texture of your skin?  Do you see noticeable improvements from this more aggressive session?

If you feel that way (I do as well), then please do complain about the new forum structure and merging of the hyperpigmentation + scar forums, since I think that's the most important reason for why good knowledgeable people have stopped posting and the scar forum is a mess. If enough people complain, mods will hopefully react.

And sorry this is off-topic, but oh how I wish someone could lock/delete the urine thread. Such nonsense should be banned.

#89 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'd just like to second Austra's suggestion. Please do say something here:
http://www.acne.org/...orum-structure/
I added a comment yesterday. Perhaps if more of us spoke up, they'd actually give us back our old board. We never had to deal with this kind of nonsense in the past.

SLee - Good luck with healing. I hope this works out for you. Be gentle with your skin. He was very aggressive. Your bleeding was very different from what I experienced with "pinpoint" bleeding. If you're using some kind of bleaching regimen, be sure to only apply it to the dark areas. Don't apply it to your whole face. Combine it with some kind of topical to increase cell turnover, like Retin-a, but apply that to your entire face first. Your hyperpigmentation will likely take a couple months or possibly longer to fade. As a suggestion, slow down with your laser treatments. Give your skin time to heal and allow collagen to fully rebuild before going for another aggressive treatment. You could end up doing more damage than good. I'd wait a minimum of 6 months to see the full results of your latest session.

#90 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hello Blahblah82,

Ive definitely noticed better improvement of my scars this time around. However, the hyperpigmentation that i currently have is tending to hide my scars right now. But when i do examine my scars, they seem to be shrinking ever so slightly. They are still there, but are starting to look less prominent on my face. Texture is the same, skin feels smooth. As of now, I would rate it about 50% "overall" improvement of my right side and about 65% improvement on my left side. Simply put , they are starting to look a bit better, still not drastic however since all the scars are still there, but are starting to shrink a bit.

I'd just like to second Austra's suggestion. Please do say something here:
http://www.acne.org/...orum-structure/
I added a comment yesterday. Perhaps if more of us spoke up, they'd actually give us back our old board. We never had to deal with this kind of nonsense in the past.

SLee - Good luck with healing. I hope this works out for you. Be gentle with your skin. He was very aggressive. Your bleeding was very different from what I experienced with "pinpoint" bleeding. If you're using some kind of bleaching regimen, be sure to only apply it to the dark areas. Don't apply it to your whole face. Combine it with some kind of topical to increase cell turnover, like Retin-a, but apply that to your entire face first. Your hyperpigmentation will likely take a couple months or possibly longer to fade. As a suggestion, slow down with your laser treatments. Give your skin time to heal and allow collagen to fully rebuild before going for another aggressive treatment. You could end up doing more damage than good. I'd wait a minimum of 6 months to see the full results of your latest session.

Thanks for the advice, after i read your comment, i started to apply your regime. Thanks.

Hope your treatment is going well as well! 

Also yes ill wait a bit before i go in for my 4th treatment, i do feel like i am rushing it a bit. 

#91 TOdrade

TOdrade

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:23 AM

Thanks for posting your experience slee3.  50% improvement after 3 treatments sounds really great, from your pictures your skin looks much smoother and I'm sure it  will look even better when the redness fades.

I'm planning to go for my first session of Mixto in a few weeks, probably on low settings because it'll be the first treatment I have after Accutane.  Do you think it does anything for shallow boxcar and rolling scars?  Because that's what I mostly have.

#92 12xu

12xu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

congrats on the progress slee3; many, many thanks for your updates!

#93 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Slee, what's the latest.  It's been over a month since we last heard from you.  Are you all healed up now?

#94 *Inspired*

*Inspired*

Formerly "TokyoGirl"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hey Slee,

How are you healing? I am in the same boat as you with hyperpigmentation right now. Hopefully you are seeing some fading by now.

#95 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi Slee!
May i ask what "tinted sunscreen" you are using?
I have a lot of hyperpigmentation i want to hide shifty.gif

#96 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Month 2 Post Mixto #3 Update

Hey Slee,

How are you healing? I am in the same boat as you with hyperpigmentation right now. Hopefully you are seeing some fading by now.

Healing has been going well, ive updated my HP issue in my most recent update.

Hi Slee!
I have a lot of hyperpigmentation i want to hide shifty.gif

Hello, 

Im using dermaesthetics SPF 50+ sunblock , dermaesthetics EGF blemish balm concealer, with some BB cream, and neutrogena skin liquid makeup concealer. Yes I know its a bit overboard, and very girly, but ehh gotta do what i gotta do to hide the redness. even with all the crap on my face, it would conceal okay...but would wear off after like 3-4 hours. But now, my HP has faded almost completely, so dont really worry about it anymore, just only for the first like 6 weeks. 

#97 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

They've definitely softened up, the scars that is.  How has your family reacted?  Are you getting positive responses?

#98 4meracneguy

4meracneguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

How did you go out in public with such crazy pigmentation (makeup)? What would you tell people if they asked you why your skin was so red? Nice improvement bro!! Could you look at my picture in my gallery and tell me if you think I'm too dark for mixto lol...

#99 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

How did you go out in public with such crazy pigmentation (makeup)? What would you tell people if they asked you why your skin was so red? Nice improvement bro!! Could you look at my picture in my gallery and tell me if you think I'm too dark for mixto lol...

Makeup can do miracles when it comes to hiding or should i say masking your face.

Month 2 Post Mixto #3 Update

Hey Slee,

Healing has been going well, ive updated my HP issue in my most recent update.

Hi Slee!
I have a lot of hyperpigmentation i want to hide :shifty2:

Hello, 

Im using dermaesthetics SPF 50+ sunblock , dermaesthetics EGF blemish balm concealer, with some BB cream, and neutrogena skin liquid makeup concealer. Yes I know its a bit overboard, and very girly, but ehh gotta do what i gotta do to hide the redness. even with all the crap on my face, it would conceal okay...but would wear off after like 3-4 hours. But now, my HP has faded almost completely, so dont really worry about it anymore, just only for the first like 6 weeks. 

Im thinking of using bb cream only. I dont know if that is enough. Though, bb creams already have spf and some do have medium coverage.
I dont think it's girly. We have to do what we have to do. I mean if we had good skin, we woudnt even think of makeup.

#100 Rez77

Rez77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

I'm going to be totally honest Slee. I see maybe 15 percent improvement from your pics. Of course I could be quite wrong as your family might be a better judge. please do let us know how you're improving since I've been thinking of using Dr. R. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users