Photo

Mixto Sx Co2 Fractional Laser Surgery Diary: Asian With Ice Pick Acne Scars On Cheeks/temples.

ice pick co2 fraxel cortisone needling aha alpha hydroxy acid concealer hyperpigmentation

143 replies to this topic

#41 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Day 56/Week 8 Post Mixto Update

#42 dragonn

dragonn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Day 56/Week 8 Post Mixto Update

Hey slee! I think it definitely looks softer, especially around your temples. 

Do you know if he used the sculpting head on the scar edges?

#43 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

hey dragonn, i cant say for sure, cause im not exactly sure what he did during the procedure, I never really asked him that.

but probably similar to dragz technique that he described in his thread.

#44 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Week 11 Update

#45 dragonn

dragonn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Thanks for the update Slee!

I'm so excited for you and your improvement.

I can really see the difference in your pics and totally agree with your assessment.

Wish you the best next Saturday!

And honestly, thank you so much for keeping us updated. 

#46 LearnedHand

LearnedHand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hey Slee, things are definitely looking like they are progressing, even if it is not drastic yet.  I hope you are not getting down because I'm sure you, like me, wanted it all to happen immediately, but sadly it just doesn't work that way.  Thank you so much for continuing this journal, & I wish you the best at your next appointment. 

#47 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Day 1 Post Mixto #2 Update

#48 Ham84

Ham84

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Good read

Your skin is improving. How's your diet btw? 

I think you should continue exercising, maybe start running instead of swimming. I don't think pool water is very clean with germs floating in the water and chemicals (e.g. chlorine).

Your manager is a cool dude. What kind of work do you do?

Edited by Ham84, 10 March 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#49 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hey Ham,

Good point, i actually thought of that as well. Ill need to reaffirm that with the Dr. to see whether or not it is safe for my skin to endure the chemicals within a pool. The underlying reason I am trying to swim instead of run is due to my hyperhydrosis, which tends to make me break out badly after work outs due to the extreme sweating that occurs. I probably wont be hitting the pool though for the next 1-2 months to allow my skin to heal properly. 

Diet is pretty good, i try to stay away from fast foods. Eat stuff like oatmeal, cereal, fruits/veggies, turkey sandwiches, home-cooked korean food by my mother. (yes im spoiled) hahah. 

I work as an aircraft structural analysis engineer for a pretty well known aerospace company you have probably been hearing in the news for a while now, with all the issues they are dealing with -_-.. 

#50 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thanks slee!  It definitely looks much more aggressive this time around.  In the last few pics, you are clearly red and raw.  It was also good to hear that the results are somewhat lagged, since it takes a few months to really judge the improvement (had the same experience).  Has your mom commented at all on your improvement?  I know initially she said she didn't notice any improvement.  

Thanks again for documenting this so thoroughly.  Everyone here always appreciates real world experiences with different procedures.

#51 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hey BlahBlah82,

Yes I can tell he went more aggressive this time around...He stated to me he went medium the first time, and that he will go aggressive for this 2nd procedure. Further, he focused mostly on my cheeks/temples since those are where my scars are localized. Also, to be honest with you...my mom's opinion has no credibility lol. My mom (and my entire family in fact) were under the presumption that these laser treatments would miraculously make my skin look as smooth and clean as a 2 year old baby's skin. I explained to them that The fact of the matter is that the damage has already been done, and that I will never achieve perfection, but am trying my best to lessen the severity and make them look less noticeable. So ill repeat again, people who dont know much about lasers think its some kind of miracle procedure, but an educated person about lasers and about acne scars knows that is not the case. 

And your welcome. I am doing such a comprehensive blog simply due to the fact that as i was scrounging around the internet to read upon other people's journey with CO2 fractional lasers....I simply didnt find that many...and if I did find some...they really werent that detailed and very descriptive....therefore i took it upon myself to do so...so that i can help others like me achieve the better skin, which in turn will give me better confidence in life in whatever challenges come forth my way (I am actually studying and prepping to get into medical school, so nicer/cleaner skin would be nice if i do ever become a doctor in the future haha). 

#52 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Day 7 Post Mixto #2 Update

#53 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated with this.

Is Dr. R combining the laser with anything like subcision or just doing a straight laser? Is there any particular reason you chose to treat the whole face vs just the cheeks?

#54 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hi AcneScar123,

For the first session he performed a laser + subcision. 2nd time he only performed the laser. I didnt really ask him why he didnt do it the second time...i guess because I have mostly ice pick scars, where as subcision is good for rolling scars which i do not really have. 

Secondly, Dr. Rahimi prefers to treat the whole face for evenness...but areas where I dont have scars he only passes once, in essence does it very lightly. The more prominent areas he does more passes, which leads to more aggressiveness. And secondly, I didnt have a preference whether or not he does my entire face, he is the doctor and the expert, so I just allow him to do whatever he thinks is best for my situation. So I dont really ask why he does this or that since he is the expert...i just ask what he is exactly doing so I can let you guys know whats going on. 

#55 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Day 16 Post Mixto #2 Update.

#56 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Thanks for the update! :) I'm glad the healing has been going well, and looking forward to hearing what improvement you get later on. All the best!

#57 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. From the pics it looks like your scars are getting softer?

#58 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

4/7/13 Day 30 Post Mixto #2 Update

#59 acnescar123

acnescar123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Slee3,

Would you be able to upload some of the pictures on imgur.com or something (as a gallery) as some of them appear out of order in the attachments I think. Your scarring looks like it's slowly smoothing out. The edges are looking softer.

Have you looked into TCA Cross? I know Dr. Rahimi doesn't do it but I think something like that may help? "70%+ improvement on 50-70% of patients with ice pick scarring." Might be worth looking into.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2956965/

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21332915

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16918559

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/12460296

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21031068

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19076629

#60 slee3

slee3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

hey acnescar123,

Ive uploaded a link to the album of my pictures per your request, let me know if it works.

And yes, I have looked into TCA Cross method, one of the first doctors that I saw for my acne scarring (not Dr. Rahimi) was planning on doing the TCA cross on me. But after doing some research on this site about that method, I decided not too due to some of the negative experiences some people had with it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users