Photo

Spiro, Dizziness (Bp), Tinnitus?

spiro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#61 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I am glad it is working for you.

I wish the truth about Accutane was more public...people STILL treat it as a magical solution even though it is the hormonal treatment that really clears acne in women. With iPledge you have to go on birth control with Accutane...if they do get clear, it's generally because they happened to get on a good birth control for acne, not because of the Accutane!

I have seen so many people suffer through course after course of Accutane and wonder why they still have a pizza face and it's just sad. I think your choice to stay on Spiro will be the best for you in the long run. 

If you do end up needing BC for your period issues, please make sure you choose one that works for acne...many women take Yaz and Spiro concurrently and they seem to be quite compatible. I just don't want you to undo your great results with a bad BC.

Edited by Green Gables, 16 February 2013 - 03:59 PM.

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#62 Julisss

Julisss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

I wish the truth about Accutane was more public...people STILL treat it as a magical solution even though it is the hormonal treatment that really clears acne in women. With iPledge you have to go on birth control with Accutane...if they do get clear, it's generally because they happened to get on a good birth control for acne, not because of the Accutane!

I have seen so many people suffer through course after course of Accutane and wonder why they still have a pizza face and it's just sad. I think your choice to stay on Spiro will be the best for you in the long run. 

If you do end up needing BC for your period issues, please make sure you choose one that works for acne...many women take Yaz and Spiro concurrently and they seem to be quite compatible. I just don't want you to undo your great results with a bad BC.

Thank you! Of course, I'll try to pay attention if it comes to b/c-s.

I am just not sure about Yaz/Yasmine. I've read so many horrible things about them, blood clotting, etc, but will try to find something with drospirenone :)

How about estradiol? I think I once took pills with estradiol-drospirenone and they did nothing for my skin, better or worse, just thought I'd still ask.

#63 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thank you! Of course, I'll try to pay attention if it comes to b/c-s.

I am just not sure about Yaz/Yasmine. I've read so many horrible things about them, blood clotting, etc, but will try to find something with drospirenone smile.png

How about estradiol? I think I once took pills with estradiol-drospirenone and they did nothing for my skin, better or worse, just thought I'd still ask.

All birth control pills contain estradiol AFAIK, it is the only form of synthetic estrogen used

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products