Photo

Roaccutane Diary ☮

roaccutane accutane pimples clear red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

So I started Roaccutane (Accutane) 8 Days ago , and i thought I'd make a day by day diary of my experiences to help people that are thinking about / staring roaccutane.

To begin with I'll get you guys up to speed with the past 8 days.

Day One: Took one 20mg tablet. Nothing unusual that day.

Day Two: Woke up with sore bones.

Day Three: again woke up with sore bones. And fell asleep around 4PM and woke up at 8PM (Possibly roaccutane made me sleepy?)

Day Four: Bones not sore anymore! Yay! But lips are a little bit dry.

Day Five: Nothing different

Day Six: The red marks where acne is / was is improving! (Just the color , the acne wasn't gone)

Day Seven: Woke up with 1-2 new pimples (Nothing out of the ordinary)

Day Eight:Bumped up to 40mg , One pill in the morning and the other at night. My acne Is coming and going really quick! Like ill get a pimple in the morning and It will be gone / close to gone by the night time! and i've noticed that my bigger acne (Like bigger pimples) Have started peeling... I dunno If that's normal?

And that brings us to now :) Just gotta wait patiently i guess!

My daily skin routine on roaccutane:
-Wake up
-Take 20mg with breakfast
-Do things
-Take 20mg with tea
-Shower and wash my face with goats milk soap
-Moisturize my arms and face
-Sleep

Questions:

Q: Is it normal to have to put lipbalm on every 20 minutes? because my lips go dry like a desert.

Q: When's the average time that i might start seeing improvements?

-Thanks for reading!

and to anyone else going on / is on roaccutane/accutane , Goodluck! :)

#2 chloelauraa

chloelauraa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Haha it's pretty normal to have to put lipbalm on a hell of a lot!! I use something called Bag Balm, this may sound a little weird and kinda disturbing, but it was originally formulated for cow's udders o____O HAHA, but now people use it for all sorts of things, calluses, lips, burns, babies butts etc. It smells kinda weird but you get used to it, other people may not though haha so I only put it on at night and when I'm gunna be at home all day. I only have to apply it a couple of times a day! It's really good. I use Burts Bees when I'm out though, Vaseline doesn't seem to cut it :/

About the seeing improvements thing, the majority of people start seeing apparently a huge turnaround in the third month. This isn't everyone, some people clear up faster, some slower etc, everyone's different, but people say month 3 is the 'magic month' haha.

Good luck! I'll follow your log Posted Image

Edited by chloelauraa, 17 November 2012 - 06:23 AM.

#3 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

@chloelauraa Thanks for your reply! Posted Image The lip balm im using at the moment is called 'Carmex' I think Posted Image and that bagbalm cool!

Day 9: acne is defiantly clearing up faster , and more seem to come up though. Lips are dry as per usual.

Off topic: I GOT BLACK OPS II TODAY! Great game! i really like the story to this one :)

Edited by CrazyCrazyCrazy, 17 November 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#4 CrimeinPartner

CrimeinPartner

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Good luck on the course :)
BTW im jealous you got Black Ops 2, i haven't been able to get it yet :P
Bang Bang

#5 OnlyOptimism

OnlyOptimism

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

So you don't wash/moisturize your face in the morning? Is that what your derm suggested? Just curious!

#6 zhfac

zhfac

Sylvia, get your head out of the oven.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

Good luck with your regimen, I'm about a week ahead of you right now.

#7 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

Good luck with your regimen, I'm about a week ahead of you right now.

Good luck! I hope all goes well for you! In no time we will be clear! :)

So you don't wash/moisturize your face in the morning? Is that what your derm suggested? Just curious!

My derm said I should stop using harsh products like proactiv and anything with benzoyl in it , so basically a gentle shower cleanser :) do you have any recommendations? :)

Good luck on the course :)
BTW im jealous you got Black Ops 2, i haven't been able to get it yet :P

thank you ! :) and black ops 2 is amazing!

#8 Taylor13

Taylor13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

helllllo.

you are 1 day behind me so i will definitley be reading your log and keeping up with you. :)

if you are looking for a good gentle facewash to use while taking accutane i reccomend Cetaphil daily facial wash. i used it for my entire 7 month course back in 2009 and it worked great. now that i'm back on accutane for my second course that's what i'm using again. i really like it.

take care and good luck to you.

STARTED ACCUTANE 8 NOV 2012 Posted Image
MONTH 1 - 40MG

"keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"

#9 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

helllllo.

you are 1 day behind me so i will definitley be reading your log and keeping up with you. Posted Image

if you are looking for a good gentle facewash to use while taking accutane i reccomend Cetaphil daily facial wash. i used it for my entire 7 month course back in 2009 and it worked great. now that i'm back on accutane for my second course that's what i'm using again. i really like it.

Well good luck to you , and hopefully you get great results this time too! :)
and thank you for the reccomendation :)

Day 10: I forgot to take roaccutane this morning :/ and i really hope this doesn't effect anything.. And i think my IB has started , because my acne feels worse then it ever has before , hopefully it doesn't last long :(

#10 SaulRod

SaulRod

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

helllllo.

you are 1 day behind me so i will definitley be reading your log and keeping up with you. Posted Image

Well good luck to you , and hopefully you get great results this time too! Posted Image
and thank you for the reccomendation Posted Image

Day 10: I forgot to take roaccutane this morning :/ and i really hope this doesn't effect anything.. And i think my IB has started , because my acne feels worse then it ever has before , hopefully it doesn't last long Posted Image

Hey, my IB started around day 7 too, and it lasted 2-3 weeks tho. If it gets really bad in the next 2 weeks it will pass so stay positive. trust me it was a b**** but once it passes things start getting better.. good luck and stay positive...

#11 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Hey, my IB started around day 7 too, and it lasted 2-3 weeks tho. If it gets really bad in the next 2 weeks it will pass so stay positive. trust me it was a b**** but once it passes things start getting better.. good luck and stay positive...

Thanks for the reply :) yeah the IB is already starting to annoy me , I had a big date coming up soon and it picked the most worst time :( ahhhhh , and hopefully it dosnt last any longer than a week or two :) and goodluck to you if you're still on your course :)

#12 sonrisafingida

sonrisafingida

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

i'm on a lower dose and i'm almost finishing the 4th month and i'm not clear yet. my ib started only on the second month i think but each person reacts differently.,

good luck!

My Sotret Journey -blog
My Sotret Journey -forum

started 26 July 2012

First Month 20mg/day
Second Month 20mg/day
Third Month 20mg/day
Fourth Month 20mg/day
Fifth Month 20mg/day
Sixth Month 20mg/day

Seventh Month 20mg/day
Eighth Month 20mg/day

Ninth Month 20mg/day

Tenth Month 20mg/day

Eleventh Month 20mg/day

Twelfth Month 20mg/day

finished 31.07.2013

morning:
-cleaning my face with the cleansing milk for sensitive skin Bioderma then with SebaMed Cleansing Bar.
-Skinoren
-one pill of Sotret 10mg

evening:

-cleaning my face with the cleansing milk for sensitive skin Bioderma then with SebaMed Cleansing Bar.
-Isotrexin/Metrocreme(from the middle of the third month)
​-one pill of Sotret 10mg

#13 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Day 11: nothing different , still have the same initial breakout , and I've been in a down mood lately.. It because of the roaccutane though so it's all good :)

#14 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

Day 12: my bones are extra sore , and my IB is getting worse... It's annoying! I need my social life back D:

#15 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

day 15: Eveythings so dry! It's crazy! my lips are starting to look disgusting even though i am putting lip balm on them (carmex still). Umm I'll upload photos in a few days just so you guys can see :)

#16 chloelauraa

chloelauraa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

I know what you mean about the lips, mine aren't too bad but they look quite crusty and gross haha O_O I have a really bad habit of picking at them when they're dry though and when I'm in public I do it sub consciously, must look sooo weird haha!

#17 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

@chloelauraa , yeah the dry lips suck big time :/

Day 16: My right cheek looks like it's clearing up heaps! it has 2 active pimples! :D except my chin and left cheek still have heaps :/

#18 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Day 19: Skipped this mornings pill by accident.. Umm well my cheeks feel like they're gradually getting smoother , and I've noticed that my chin seems to be breaking out horribly , Like 3-4+ BBIIIIIGGGG pimples... But I'm sticking to this :) Uhh and I have really dry lips still.. Thinking of finding a better lip balm , Any more recommendations?

#19 OnlyOptimism

OnlyOptimism

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Use aquaphor! I've used it once at night (I am not having dry lips) and the next morning my lips were completely back to normal. It worked really well for me! I really don't like carmex... it's just never worked for me.

#20 CrazyCrazyCrazy

CrazyCrazyCrazy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I brought that 2 days ago and all I can say Is it works like a charm! @OnlyOptimism