Photo

Permanent Slow Healing After Antibiotics?

5 replies to this topic

#1 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Anyone here experience slow healing after taking antibiotics? I notice that some of my cuts/wounds now leave scars... when before antibiotics they didnt. Or am i just being paranoid

#2 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Bump

#3 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

i think that is because the antibiotics reduce inflammation. when i was on them and would pick at my skin it would heal up a lot faster and my zits were never that inflammed. now with being off them for a month my acne is so much more inflammed like even the small zits hurt a lot and are super tender and red. i get more scabs and red marks now too.  i just got biafine cream now to use on my skin to help heal it up. i have heard it works great.

Edited by tracy521, 01 February 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#4 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Was your acne like this PRIOR to the antibiotics though? I.E., did small zits hurt a lot then?

#5 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

nah before i took doxycycline my small zits never hurt and if i squeezed a whitehead it would heal up quick. now if i barely touch a whitehead i am left with a nasty scab and a red mark. what is odd too that my small zits are just so swelled up too its so freaking annoying. i am starting accutane in march so my derm gave me keflex to help a bit with the inflammation. we shall see how it goes. 

now that only happened with doxy but when i took mino a few times as well as amoxicillin i never had any issues. it could be due to the fact that i was on doxy on and off for 2 years and the other antibiotics were just short courses. 

Edited by tracy521, 06 February 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#6 CTman

CTman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I had slow healing after being on minocyline and still do. I am not sure whether it is because it reduces inflamation or because it killed off good bacteria allowing a influx of infections?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users