Photo

This Is Severe Comedonal Acne (+ Beginning Accutane)

29 replies to this topic

#21 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Oh wow! That is a huge improvement! Well done man. How did people respond to the "new you"?

#22 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

well it's mid april and was just wondering if you were done, how it's going, final result pictures etc. 

can't wait to hear back 

#23 wgc

wgc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

well it's mid april and was just wondering if you were done, how it's going, final result pictures etc. 

can't wait to hear back 

Took my last dose today! My skin still isn't perfect--I have a few bumps here and there still. My temples cleared up a little but but they still have bumps. I'm told accutane continues to work after you finish so I'm hoping for the best. I have finals for the next week so expect some photos after that.

#24 nellyleyva92

nellyleyva92

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

My first reply on acne.org! :D haha whatever... My acne is like yours except that my skin looks pretty red and I have sort of a combination of comedonal/cysti acne...gosh, so horrible. However I know that comedonal acne is so stubborn and I sadly accepted the fact that it might never go away. Aaand I am also really tempetd to squeeze and squeeze...so I feel kind of related o your case. Thanks for giving me hope, you look great!  I hope my comedones go away too! eusa_pray.gif

#25 ls206816

ls206816

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, Running, Having clear skin (: Lana Del Rey.

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Just wondering if you finished your course yet? I'm still on Accutane and its not clear yet but almost! I'm just finishing my 5th month! I hope my comodones don't come back when I get off the Accutane!

#26 koshka

koshka

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

I have terrible comedonal acne as well. Since the 5th grade. My derms made it out as though accutane was only for severe cystic acne. You've given me so much hope. Thank you for such a thorough documentation of your journey. I hope for the best once again.

#27 crashoran

crashoran

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Retinoids are amazing for noninflammatory acne. Tazorac gel should help you if it comes back after quitting accutane.

#28 apolloslyre

apolloslyre

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

i want to ask you something about this stubborn closed comedones,i have them too much on my chin and i'm using roaccutane and i'm in 4. mounth,i'm using 50 mg and i'm 65 kilogram.i'm so hopeless that until now there is no change in my closed comedons and i'm worrying about whether it get better or not.sorry for my bad English.

#29 kj91224

kj91224

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

I know this post was made a couple of years ago, but I just want to say I had the same type of acne as you. Not as much on the cheeks but more chin and mouth area. What helped SIGNIFICANTLY was going for facials. If you find a good esthetician, they will extract the comedones correctly. The key is to extract the entire comedone so it won't come back. It's sad to say that squeezing this type of acne (the right way) can sometimes help more than some medications and topicals. And it's quicker! If anyone has never tried going for facials and have tried hundreds of other treatments, I recommend this alternative!

#30 gggchic

gggchic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

I know this post was made a couple of years ago, but I just want to say I had the same type of acne as you. Not as much on the cheeks but more chin and mouth area. What helped SIGNIFICANTLY was going for facials. If you find a good esthetician, they will extract the comedones correctly. The key is to extract the entire comedone so it won't come back. It's sad to say that squeezing this type of acne (the right way) can sometimes help more than some medications and topicals. And it's quicker! If anyone has never tried going for facials and have tried hundreds of other treatments, I recommend this alternative!

Thank you for the tip! I have severe comedonal acne on my cheeks, temples and chin (a bit more severe than the OP, I have pictures in my gallery of my semi-improved skin) and I'm currently using .05% tretinoin cream. I was actually considering seeing an esthetician before I was prescribed tretinoin, but I'll definitely try it now!

Edited by gggchic, 31 July 2014 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users