Photo

Possible Cure To Acne

vitamin vitamins vitamin d garlic low glycemic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#21 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

...and it was there all along
hi. im going clear everyone's acne who reads this blog. your acne will be cleared.

recently i did more research. i found some interesting stuff. go to google and type in "huffington post acne milk sugar" click on the first link.
read it and be amazed!
go back to google and type in "australian womens weekly acne diet" click on the first link
go back to google and type in "

A Look at How High Glycemic Foods may Cause Acne" click on the first link

then use ncbi to look up the studies on how high glycemic diet is linked to acne in countries like Malaysia and South Asia. one study said 0 people out of 1000 who at low glycemic diet had acne. about 80% of the people who at high glycemic had acne.

so what does this all mean for us? acne is still genetic. but, a high glycemic diet, ice cream and especially milk cause it for most sufferers of acne. it also means all those things at the store are mostly useless like proactive. it means all those medicines like tetracycline, differin, benoyl peroxide!, and accutane are just dangerous and not needed and usually dont work. once you go off them here comes the acne back. usually they kill good bacteria and make your acne caused by superbacteria which are much harder to deal with after. but NO FEAR

there are some simple ways to get rid of acne and you dont even have to make a huge change to your diet

have you ever heard people say that people with acne should eat like a diabetic? well its true! but there are several things that lower insulin resistance and decrease its release. and its all backed up by scientific studies you can find on ncbi.

-apple cider vinegar or any other type of vinegar added to a meal decreases insulin release by 30%. what does this mean for us? we can still eat that high glycemic diet we just need to drink a little bit of vinegar with it everytime we eat these foods. doing this will lower the insulin release and prevent acne.

-cinnamon! 5g a day decreases insulin signifigantly!

-garlic, almonds, and onions all decrease it as well

-vitamin d!!! decreases it as well by a huge number. in 1933 a study was done and 76% of people cleared up from acne within 3 months when they took 5,000 iu vitamin d a day

-tumeric

-evening primrose oil! (1000mg twice a day!)

i only found this info last week and i almost cried when i realized it was true. i wish i would have known this 6 years ago so i wouldnt have taken all the meds that i thought my doctor knowingly perscribed to help me. i've been drinking just apple cider viengar with every meal and im clear along with taking 9,000 iu vitamin d a day! i hope posts like these will make america wake up and realize that their diet has caused them all these health problems

anyway dont thank me for this because it was already on the internet and i know a lot of people on this great site already know about the REAL cause of acne IS HIGH GLYCEMIC FOODS AND MILK see the attachment for a great explanation i found

I'm going to blow the high GI theory out of the water.

GI has little relevance if consumed with protein and fats or if the person has already eaten before consuming an high GI food.

I am not saying high GI foods are good. However all the studies done on high GI foods were done on fasted people. Little or no research has been done on non fasted people, so the GI scale just isn't accurate.

Consuming high GI foods with protein and fats slows the absorption rate of the said food therefore lowering the GI effect on the body.

Also not everyone reacts in the same to foods so to say you will cure everyone's acne who reads this is just arrogance of the highest order.

Just to be clear on this.

I am not 100% discounting GI. Yes eating lower GI foods is of course a lot better than eating high GI foods.

However, for me there just isn't enough been done on it to conclude it is the number 1 cause or cure.

I workout a lot. Most of the time i eat a balance low gi diet, gluten free and so on. However there times i am required to eat high GI foods, post training for example or when i have a reward meal. For me that has no effect on my acne.

The GI scale just cannot be accurate all of the time due to the amount of variables going on when eating.

Be careful what u say, you may prevent some people from getting clear skin.

High Gi is the cause of my acne, i can't eat fruits and root veggies. I always thought my acne was some food allergy, but then i tried to cut out all the high carb and glycemic foods and began to eat nuts, seeds, fish, eggs again and i have not got 1 acne breakout since. But i know if i eat an apple i will have acne on my chin the next day! SO WATCH OUT WHAT YOU SAY.

Posted Image

I hear and ya. I didn't mean to come across in a way that i was saying GI is completely irrelevant. It's not it does contribute but i just think it is not as big of a factor as many think it is.

It would be interesting to see a study of someone eating high GI foods mixed in with proteins and fats to slow down absorption therefore lowering the GI impact. Also a study on non fasted people, then measure the GI impact.

I also think that when people watch the GI of foods they tend to low carb or eat gluten free carbs. Cutting gluten deffo improved my skin.

Many factors to consider rather than just GI impact.

Ok here's the deal with high glycemic index foods. People (like me) who are even slightly hyperinsulinemic (having a high level of circulating insulin levels in the blood) are sensitive to high GI foods.

Why do people become hyperinsulinemic? Because they are becoming insulin resistant. How did this happen to them? Because their body is sensitive to a diet high in carbs. Over the course of months or years of consistently eating a diet high in carbs and/or sugars, a person MAY become insulin resistant. When a person is insulin resistant, they constantly have too much insulin in their blood. When this happens, their bodies are already in a diseased state which probably causes acne.

I read yesterday that when a person who is even slightly hyperinsulinemic eats a high GI food, it can trigger a response that goes like this:
High-GI food ---> spike in insulin in bloodstream ---> produce more androgens ---> increase sebum production in skin ---> pores clog up ---> acne flare-up

I suspect that people who have a normal blood insulin level and who don't get spiked by eating high-GI foods probably wouldn't have an acne flare-up from that food.

You're not wrong what you are saying but find me one study where high GI foods have been fasted on non fasted people?

That is my whole point. The GI debate just ins't accurate because not every variable has been explored.

The GI we all know was tested on fasted people. Nothing has been done on none fasted people.

Consuming an GI food with protein and or fats slows the rate of absorption. Slower absorption means lower GI.

#22 Seeking2012

Seeking2012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

You're not wrong what you are saying but find me one study where high GI foods have been fasted on non fasted people?

That is my whole point. The GI debate just ins't accurate because not every variable has been explored.

The GI we all know was tested on fasted people. Nothing has been done on none fasted people.

Consuming an GI food with protein and or fats slows the rate of absorption. Slower absorption means lower GI.

Fasting vs nonfasting. No difference. Doesn't matter. Lets break down what you said.

Protein does not decrease the impact of high GI food. In fact, diabetics try to avoid eating a diet high in protein because it is known to spike their blood glucose levels.

Fats. Yes it does help to consume high GI foods in conjunction with fats. But it doesn't help as much as you claim it does. Ask any diabetic. When a diabetic person eats a high GI food, their blood glucose will spike regardless of whether they eat it with fat.

One thing you didn't mention that helps reduce the insulin-spiking effect of a high-GI food: fiber. Fiber slows digestion. But it still won't prevent the effect of raising the insulin in the blood. It just slows down the process so that the spike isn't all at once. I think you are overestimating the effect of non-sugar macronutrients in their ability to decrease the blood sugar spiking effects of high-GI foods, ESPECIALLY in those people who are already having difficulty with blood glucose. Example: diabetics and people who are hyperinsulinemic

Edited by Seeking2012, 04 December 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#23 Rawhide

Rawhide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Pseudoscience and false hopes. None of this shit cures my acne that lives a life of its own despite what I fucking eat. I have taken evening primrose and borage oil up to 18 grams a day and it did nothing. I have tried so fucking many natural remedies over the years that it makes me angry to see these people joining 2012 and immediately sharing some kind of cures and bullshit.

And those "cure acne naturally" "secret acne cure that drug companies don't want you to know" ebooks and sites are the biggest load of shit there is.

Edited by Rawhide, 04 December 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#24 Seeking2012

Seeking2012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Pseudoscience and false hopes. None of this shit cures my acne that lives a life of its own despite what I fucking eat. I have taken evening primrose and borage oil up to 18 grams a day and it did nothing. I have tried so fucking many natural remedies over the years that it makes me angry to see these people joining 2012 and immediately sharing some kind of cures and bullshit.

And those "cure acne naturally" "secret acne cure that drug companies don't want you to know" ebooks and sites are the biggest load of shit there is.

You gotta find that thing that works for you, and/or the reason for your acne. I've been using Retin-A since I was in my teens and it has worked well for me, though I still get pimples but seemingly only when I am eating a diet that has a lot of sugars and carbs in it. In the past few months I've cut out a lot of sugar and carbs and my skin has been consistently clearer--in fact, clearer than it has been in my whole life thus far.

You gotta take a deep breath and approach this thing scientifically.

#25 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

@ seeking 2012

I never mentioned diabetics in my argument.

You say fasted and non fasted there is no difference. No full on conclusive study has been done on non fasted people so we can't discount this variable.

My apologies I should have mentioned fibre.

However I think high GI is overstated. I'm not saying people should go high GI. But to single it out is silly. Low GI typically means lower carb in take, gluten free carbs, and generally eating more nutrient dense foods. So right there, there are 3 other variables coming into the picture.

#26 rentedname

rentedname

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

don't throw the baby out with the bath water. there's a ton of bullshit out there. you just have to sift through it, listen to your gut, and do trial and error. eating has real consequences on acne. how long have you tried keeping to a different diet? "remedies" are bullshit. the world isn't simple enough for there to be one convenient product that will cure a chronic, poorly understood malady.

#27 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

don't throw the baby out with the bath water. there's a ton of bullshit out there. you just have to sift through it, listen to your gut, and do trial and error. eating has real consequences on acne. how long have you tried keeping to a different diet? "remedies" are bullshit. the world isn't simple enough for there to be one convenient product that will cure a chronic, poorly understood malady.

G-dragon!

Yes indeed, lot of info on this forum are not much related to just acne, lot are false.
I was able to distinguish that through self-experiment.

It really is quite obvious for me, sugar (Biggest factor) , grains and soy. As well as the timing of when you eat.

#28 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Rawhide have you ever tried stopping the consumption of GMO foods? The pesticides/herbicides found on those could be the #1 factor in themselves. I was watching a documentary on GMO's and i remember them discussing acne like symptoms showing up in people when exposed to these chemicals.

Also what about water? Trace amounts of herbicides and pesticides get into water supplies as well.. Not to mention fluoride and chlorine. Have you tried consuming distilled water? I know there is much debate on distilled water, but everything that i've read on both sides leads me to believe it's fine. DIstilling alone can't remove the chlorine and pesticides as they have extremely low boiling points, and vaporize even before the water. So what i do is pour the distilled water through a carbon filter which is supposedly supposed to filter out any chlorine and herbicides/pesticides left over. Or you could leave the distilled water sitting out, and they will evaporate due to the extremely low boiling point. Like...ridiculously low

#29 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

NEW Genetically Modified Crops to be available this year.
  • Dow 2,4-D and Glufosinate Tolerant Soybean - Since the US first began using GM crops, our herbicide usage has been boosted by 300 million pounds, despite claims by biotech behemoths that other plants like weeds would not grow resistant to glyphosate – commonly known as RoundUp. And now, we have “superweeds.” Of course, biotech (and seemingly the USDA) doesn’t care, and they plan on adding the 2,4-D herbicide and dicamba (see number 4) to the list. Take action here.
  • Syngenta Corn Rootworm Resistant Corn - Plenty of nations have banned Syngenta’s GM Bt crops—but not the US. This type of corn produces its own pesticides and kills all bugs, good or bad, which also means livestock can get sick from eating it. Research says that 80% of pregnant women have Bt toxins in their blood. Take action here.
  • Okanagan Non-Browning Apple - Conventional apples are covered in pesticides. That’s why we buy organic, but Okanagan has produced the first GM apple. Take action against genetically modified apples right here.
  • Monsanto Dicamba Tolerant Soybean - Take action here.
  • Dow 2,4-D, Dlyphosate and Glufosinate Tolerant Soybean - Take action here.
  • Genective Glyphosate Tolerant Corn
http://www.organicco...ticle_26072.cfm

http://www.biolsci.org/v05p0706.htm

Ouch.... corn and soybean. I doubt I would ever eat it again intentionally.

Now more on FLUORIDE:

The link between adequate vitamin D levels and increased cavity prevention is long established, with documentation as far back as the Civil War demonstrating the effect of natural sunlight exposure on dental health. Fluoride, which is currently pushed by the government and some mainstream health organizations as a powerful anti-cavity measure, has an even larger amount of scientific research highlighting its negative benefits such as reduced IQ and cancer. Furthermore, it has been found that fluoride does not effectively prevent cavities.

Edited by DaftFrost, 04 December 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#30 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

well i did research on all that stuff so most of its true. next time be greatful someone's trying to help. i only share this because it has signifigantly cleared my acne. if it didnt work i wouldn't share it. smh.

#31 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

if it didnt work i wouldn't share it. smh.

I hope you don't still think that if something works for you then it works for everyone. It doesn't. Plus your signature says you are only 50% clear, so maybe you shouldn't be acting like you can clear everyone's acne. And please change the title of this thread. You didn't find the cure to acne. A cure is something you do once and then never get acne again. Changing your diet and taking supplements is not a cure, it's a treatment, because as soon as you stop, the acne comes back.

Look man, you are posting some good information that can help people. I just think you are going about it wrong. Rawhide was probably frustrated because you called your regimen a cure, when it obviously isn't. Just don't overestimate your research so much. Instead of saying things like "it works" and "I found the cure to acne", say things like "it works for me" and "I made a regimen that clears half of my acne."

#32 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

if it didnt work i wouldn't share it. smh.

I hope you don't still think that if something works for you then it works for everyone. It doesn't. Plus your signature says you are only 50% clear, so maybe you shouldn't be acting like you can clear everyone's acne. And please change the title of this thread. You didn't find the cure to acne. A cure is something you do once and then never get acne again. Changing your diet and taking supplements is not a cure, it's a treatment, because as soon as you stop, the acne comes back.

Look man, you are posting some good information that can help people. I just think you are going about it wrong. Rawhide was probably frustrated because you called your regimen a cure, when it obviously isn't. Just don't overestimate your research so much. Instead of saying things like "it works" and "I found the cure to acne", say things like "it works for me" and "I made a regimen that clears half of my acne."

okay. you are right. i will try to be less arrogant. i've just been so frustrated with it because its so bad. but you are right. its really not helping you guys for me to run off saying i have the cure. sorry

#33 Rawhide

Rawhide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Sorry I went a bit too far there. It's good that we share things that work and help, but claiming to have found cure rings alarm bells after seeing so many "cures" that never delivered the results. Also, doing 20 things simultaneously for treatment can also confuse what exactly is helping so trying to get an objective view on your anecdote would be advised.

#34 Ichance23

Ichance23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

i hope more people find this thread. it might help them

for me my acne "cure" has been zinc methionine. i take 45 mg a day i have never been clearer. i am also looking into zinc oxide as a topical.

Edited by Ichance23, 16 December 2012 - 10:24 AM.